Keep losing data connection

blackterry

Reaction score
I've had my Razr about 3 weeks now and I truely love this phone however for just over a week I've beeen having a problem with losing signal. First thing I will notice is my weather widget disappears and then I lose internet... I then have to do a hard restart to get it functioning properly again. I had to do a hard restart 3 times today so far so now something has to be done. Also I'm having phone issues while this happens for example somebody called me today and it's ringing away but I cannot answer the call all the buttons are unresponsive. Also sometimes it will be ringing and the screen is black and I cannot get it to come active no matter what ...

Anybody else having these issues and is therre any fixes ?? I think I'm taking it back to Verizon tomorrow and asking for a replacement which I'm not looking forward to re entering everything back into phone again..

OP
B

blackterry

Reaction score
One thing I notice is that the signal indicator turns white and there is no signal type given when this happens... I have LTE deactivated except when I'm near a mojor city. It does this nomatter where I am or if LTE is active or not.. ??

Anybody ??

pinoy_92

Reaction score
sounds like you live in place with spotty connection. try going near a tower and make a call. if it drops then you might want to get it replaced, or a refund. also it could have been an error with your smart actions. turn all of it off and see if there is a difference.

OP
B

blackterry

Reaction score
It happens at high signal strength areas all the time. I don't use smart actions.

pinoy_92

Reaction score
try to get it replace then.

just a little note when getting your stuff replaced, over react..

Reaction score
You should have no issues with replacement. Your insurance is for things you do like breaking or losing phone. But the phone carries a mechanical/ functional warranty for the life of your two year contract. I had my first RAZR for two months before I noticed something that seemed odd, I took it to Verizon and they agreed it was bad and I had a warranty replacement overnight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Im new to the site, but just to add my 2 cents on the lost data... I live in the North eastern part of Pennsylvania and I too was having problems with dropped data for no apparent reason strong signal strength but would from blue to white then boom gone... I don't live in a 4G coverage area so i have that turned off and set only on 3G.. This went on all last week 20 or so time's a day last for minutes to hour or so... I bought the phone lightly used on Ebay and figured I bought a lemon or someones headache.. So I call Verizon and express my concern only to be told they are not aware of any problems like this on a local or national scale... So i was all about sure of my worry that i was duped by a woman in West Virginia on ebay... Then i started my own research and discovered i wasn't the only one with this problem... But why was i told that from Verizon??? Any way i also found out from my research that if i toggle to airplane mode and keep it there for a few minutes then change back it would work... but only for a while.. Now for the good news.. I love this phone and it seems to have magically fixed itself for the past 4 days no loss of data.... Ok ok Verizon thanks a little... but thats all you get because i only expect what im paying a nice premium for..... So my opinion is that its clearly a service issue and not the phones.. Hope they clear it up Nation wide for everyone so people can enjoy the full potential of this great phone...

Reaction score
My Bionic does the same exact thing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thehowells

Reaction score
I recently experienced the same issue where the phone was ringing but the screen remained dark and I was unable to answer the call. It had happened twice. As for the connection problems, I've had that issue since day one. :(

Reaction score
I believe the standard warranty from the manufacturer is one year. Anything longer requires the purchase of an extended warranty.

I am not sure about "manufacturers" but Verizon covers it for the full two years. They force you to lock in to a two year context so they have to cover their phone if it malfunctions during that whole 2 years.

iguanad

Reaction score
I don't think that's true.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Trash Can

Reaction score
I am not sure about "manufacturers" but Verizon covers it for the full two years. They force you to lock in to a two year context so they have to cover their phone if it malfunctions during that whole 2 years.

Not true. Ya might want to read your contract again. If you do not purchase an insurance plan/extended warranty, you are only covered by whatever the manufacturer offers, which is typically one year.

You can download a copy of the manufacturers warranty here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/product_page/faqs/p/30,6720,8112

Scroll down and read more about "extended warranty".

Calling Features: Total Equipment Coverage – now with Mobile Recovery

Reaction score
Not true. Ya might want to read your contract again. If you do not purchase an insurance plan/extended warranty, you are only covered by whatever the manufacturer offers, which is typically one year.

You can download a copy of the manufacturers warranty here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/product_page/faqs/p/30,6720,8112

Scroll down and read more about "extended warranty".

Calling Features: Total Equipment Coverage – now with Mobile Recovery

Ok, you all can say you don't "think it is true" or include any quotes you want to. I am only offering information for those that may need it. Bottom line, if you are having issues with a device go to Verizon and if they can't fix it, they will replace it.
I have had to get warranty replacement phones from Verizon and every time they have explained that my phone is covered for the two years of the contact.

I don't care what the manufacture says. Verizon will replace your unit if it is a valid flaw.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Ok, you all can say you don't "think it is true" or include any quotes you want to. I am only offering information for those that may need it. Bottom line, if you are having issues with a device go to Verizon and if they can't fix it, they will replace it.

I agree, at this point in time, they most certainly will.

I have had to get warranty replacement phones from Verizon and every time they have explained that my phone is covered for the two years of the contact.

I have had a few phones replaced over the years as well -- all within one year of the original date of purchase. What a VZW rep says and what your contract says can often be contradictory. How many were replaced beyond one year without an insurance plan/extended warrany add-on?

I don't care what the manufacture says. Verizon will replace your unit if it is a valid flaw.

Well, you should. Think about it..... why would VZW offer an extended warranty if you're already covered beyond the manufacturer's warranty?

Anyway, we've beaten this to death, we're way off topic, and it appears that we'll have to agree to disagree. Let the readers decide.

Back to the original post.... it sounds like the OP got a dud and should have it replaced.