Keep getting new email notification on old emails

qman66

Reaction score
One of the best features of the apex rom is the ability to choose from the stock android app or the blur version. So for email I decided to try to stock android one and it has one great feature which is that u can erase the email from the phone and the server. I am using hotmail. If not for this feature I would go back to blur because randomly I get notifications on months old email as new email sometimes several at a time so I have to mark them all as read and then they pop back up until later on they finally decide to go away. Anyone familiar with this? Any suggestions? Thanks

Turbod

Reaction score
I haven't had your issue, so I don't have a solution. But if this just started happening, it might be because of that big Hotmail issue where it deleted peoples emails and Microsoft has been restoring them. I think that happened sometime in the last week?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

frivilus

Reaction score
This has been happening on my droid x as well as my previous one on both hotmail and AOL accounts. It's quite annoying, hopefully someone will find the problem. Once I read an e-mail the last thing I want is a notification that it is a new e-mail hours later.

OP
qman66

qman66

Reaction score
yea im using the touchdown app now for hotmail. works well thus far. just took hours to do the first sync. the thing i dont like with the blur one is it doesnt delete them from the server. which mail app do u use?

jmmit

Reaction score
Anyone resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

frivilus

Reaction score
I got tired of the stock e-mail marking read e-mails as unread so I switched to the gmail app. I set up fetching, my only complaint there is there is no set fetch time. Sometimes it takes minutes to fetch an e-mail, sometimes hours. For e-mail, I miss my blackberry, they had it right. Can't say the same about everything else!