Keep freezing up

joetdc

Reaction score
My Razr keep freezing up and giving me this message.

Activity home screen (in application home screen) is not responding.

I have only had the phone 2 months and this is the third time it's happened. All Verizon keeps telling me is to do a factory reset. That is a pain in the ass. I lose all my text and have to reinstall my applications. My browser seems to work but is sluggish.

Please respond in layman's terms with no abbreviations as I am not that android experienced.

Thanks

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
My Razr keep freezing up and giving me this message.

Activity home screen (in application home screen) is not responding.

I have only had the phone 2 months and this is the third time it's happened. All Verizon keeps telling me is to do a factory reset. That is a pain in the ass. I lose all my text and have to reinstall my applications. My browser seems to work but is sluggish.

Please respond in layman's terms with no abbreviations as I am not that android experienced.

Thanks
try going into settings/applications/all

scroll down to Homescreen and clear data/ force stop. Reboot and see if it solves the problem

OP
J

joetdc

Reaction score
That seems to have worked. It would not reboot. Then I hit power + volume down and after about 10 minutes it booted up. It wiped all my shortcuts off the screen but everything else seems to be there. Thanks a bunch! Much better than factory reset.
What caused this and how can I prevent this in the future? I have tried advanced task killer but that has never worked on any of my phones. I kill everything and two seconds later there are a bunch of applications running. Half of them I don't even use so I don't know what they are open.