Keep D2 or get a DX?

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Alright guys, here is the situation.......

I have had a Droid2 for about 5 weeks now, great phone and I love its capabilities. I have an opportunity to get a DroidX, so do I keep the D2 or get the DX?

I know the two are very similar in features, but which would be better in the long run performance wise? I plan to get into rooting and would want something that will handle it well. Pros......cons....opinions......?

Sent from Droid2

turdbogls

Reaction score
IIRC, they are basically the same inside (1GHZ processor, 512 RAM, 8GB storage) so they are basically the same phone just different form factor. if you need/want the keyboard, stay with the D2...if it is something you can live without, get the DX.
both are great phones, but i have a feeling the DX will have a larger "hacking" community since i believe it has sold more units than the D2.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It boils down to 2 simple things. Do you want a physical keyboard? Droid 2. Do you want a large screen and no physical keyboard. Droid X.

OP
elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Thanks for keepin it simple everyone, I guess I'll need to head out to a VZW store and mess around with the DX. See if I can get a feel for the virtual keyboard or not. The bigger screen is what really catches my attention about it.

Xerozix

Reaction score
Remember if you get a DX, you can also load it up with a custom keyboard, in case you don't like the default Verizon one.