Keep D2 or get a DX?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by elcompaLalo, Oct 12, 2010.

1. elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright guys, here is the situation.......

I have had a Droid2 for about 5 weeks now, great phone and I love its capabilities. I have an opportunity to get a DroidX, so do I keep the D2 or get the DX?

I know the two are very similar in features, but which would be better in the long run performance wise? I plan to get into rooting and would want something that will handle it well. Pros......cons....opinions......?

Sent from Droid2

2. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    IIRC, they are basically the same inside (1GHZ processor, 512 RAM, 8GB storage) so they are basically the same phone just different form factor. if you need/want the keyboard, stay with the D2...if it is something you can live without, get the DX.
    both are great phones, but i have a feeling the DX will have a larger "hacking" community since i believe it has sold more units than the D2.

3. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Droid X has a bigger form factor. Too big for my tastes.

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    It boils down to 2 simple things. Do you want a physical keyboard? Droid 2. Do you want a large screen and no physical keyboard. Droid X.

5. elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for keepin it simple everyone, I guess I'll need to head out to a VZW store and mess around with the DX. See if I can get a feel for the virtual keyboard or not. The bigger screen is what really catches my attention about it.

6. Xerozix

Xerozix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Remember if you get a DX, you can also load it up with a custom keyboard, in case you don't like the default Verizon one.