K9 Mail Not working with Outlook IMAP Office365 and Android

DogPaw

Reaction score
Microsoft has upgraded their server to outlook.office365.com and now I can no longer receive mail on K9. I can send mail just fine but "fetching" no longer works. This is what the support team at Microsoft are saying --Today I got the update from our team that we also tested with K-9 mail client on android.
play.google.com/.../details
Seems we cannot configure this to works on K-9 client too. Our team recommend you may use workaround to another client which is: play.google.com/.../details
Also please note the server name has change to outlook.office365.com for IMAP/POP and smtp.outlook.office365.com for SMTP.
May I kindly suggest that you may use workaround for this issue? Also during the meantime you may contact K-9 for their support too as Microsoft cannot support all 3rd party mail clients.
For the list of products that we support is in here: office.microsoft.com/.../office-system-requirements-FX102921529.aspx
Thank you for your understanding.

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
I found my answer. My company upgraded to Exchange 2010 and K9 does not support 2010. I did a lot of digging and this problem has been around for a while. Looks like K9 does not have any plans to update their program. This sucks as I really like using K9 with my work account and a mix of other pop accounts I have.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used K-9 for a while, but am using MailDroid for my work email. I have the paid version, but there's a free version if you want to try it out.

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
Thanks aaf709, I found K9 mail has not been updated and does not support Exchange 2010. Several people have confirmed this and contacted K9 but they do not have the resources to update for Office 2010 / Office 365. The good news is if you are using K9 you should try maildroid for your android phones. maildroid offers a free 30 day trail and works great with office365 and Exchange 2010. In add an account you can even select office365 as a set up type and I had my 201o Exchange mail running in 2 steps. There is support for pop, imap, outlook365, exchange 2003 / 2007 and exchange 2010. It even looks suspiciously like K9 but on steroids. I liked maildroid so much I upgraded to the pro version $18 to remove the ads and open up all functions. If you have problems on with K9 I highly recommend you try the free version of maildroid.