[ROM] [K]IN3TX v1.0 |12/8/11|

wooddale

Reaction score
I will apologize now if someone already posted this question, but where can I download the pur3 system transition add-on. The link is not working. If someone could post a link or lead me in the right direction... I'd be much obliged.

Last I herd they wernt working not sure I think there is only support for the rom

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Last I herd they wernt working not sure I think there is only support for the rom
maybe someone should contact Dhacker, I'll happily host the files on my server... if ANYONE can get ahold of them... I have a godaddy server for my website, 10 gigs free it's only for a wordpress blog, so... let me know.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just found I have the aosp system trans on my phone still I'm going to try to upload it later and see if it's the right one, someone will want to look at it and verify, but it's at least something. I've also got the ics transition. I'll post links once I get them uploaded. to bad DH and DT just kinda up and left, did they even say goodbye? at the least they should still have the files and as I said I'd be willing to host them on my server.

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Yea they did leave without much warning, but the reason why the link arent working was because when they switched servers, Go Daddy really screwed up and left the links worthless

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Woahhh. I just took a peak at the Nexus thread and noticed that DT is out. Sad to see it :(

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's definitely a sad day when community drama pushes such a good Dev out.

UN-L3ASH3D bionic with th3ory. Posting straight from me to you!!

themistah

Reaction score
I have kinetic 1.0 base and blur add on..... Zoom tpax and honeyscream... I can probably send through messenger... Let me know.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

PbSandman7

Reaction score
If I am on 5.5.893 rooted and 4ever root.. what's the best method at this point to be able to flash this ROM. I have never upgraded to 901 so would that be the best bet? Then flash the 901 compatible version?
Any help and links would be great. I am a little new still to the site but it really sux to hear about such a great developer dropping it all together. I wonder what really pushed him away?

jayman350

Reaction score
If I am on 5.5.893 rooted and 4ever root.. what's the best method at this point to be able to flash this ROM. I have never upgraded to 901 so would that be the best bet? Then flash the 901 compatible version?
Any help and links would be great. I am a little new still to the site but it really sux to hear about such a great developer dropping it all together. I wonder what really pushed him away?

Kin3tx is a great rom with hardly (if any) bugs. Go ahead and flash the version that is in the OP of this thread.

I would stay away from flashing the updates, some people have had much better data, others worse. There really isn't a consensus as to how well things have worked after the "official" updates. I got off the update path b/c I was getting really bad data drops, for days at a time, and I wanted to see if anything would help....it kind of did, kind of didn't (mainly b/c VZW can't keep their network up for more than a week it seems).

Updating to the 901 radio will limit the number of roms that you can actually use. Some have been ported to work w/ the new radio, but AFAIK none of the themes or add-ons have been ported to work w/ the new roms.

PbSandman7

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I didn't really want to go to 901 unless I HAD to or it appeared to be a "great" fix. The last I checked the links weren't up and running for the ROMs due to the server issues. Was someone able to post the files and add-ons elsewhere in the 57 pages of topic?

gsDroid

Reaction score
I had used various methods to get to the 5.7.893 kernel/radio and was running Kin3tx base successfully. I really like the rom. However, to get back on the OTA path, I reverted back to stock on the .886 original kernel/radio. Then did the OTA to 5.5.893 and forever rooted, but didn't install the .901 update. For now, I'm avoiding .901 to stay stock rooted and am making a nandroid of this. Question, can I successfully restore my nandroid of Kin3tx over my 5.5.893 base without messing up the kernel/radio or would it be better to just re-install the base Kin3tx rom and set it all back up? Does it matter relative to staying on the upgrade path since I have a nandroid of stock rooted 5.5.893?

PbSandman7

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that you can successfully restore your nanroid of either setup and not mess with your original ota pathway. Seeing how you have a backup of both, as long as you are using safestrap, CW, bootstrap..etc, I thought I read that people have easily been able to toggle between ROMs and their original stock rooted backup.
It would definitely be convenient to have a backup of a ROM that is already setup that you can simply toggle to without having to reset it up. I'm still a little new to it, but I'm fairly certain it can be done based off of how the process takes place.
Maybe someone else with chime in with a 100% answer just to be safe.

nrock2256

Reaction score
Great rom, it gives makes my bionic run so much smoother. Unfortunately, I had to restore from fresh (fortunately i could restore my data, and it was my own damned fault in the first place.) Could you post an altrenate download for the GB TPax? Your website appears to be down...