Justice Rom v 0.1 - Screenshots/First Impressions & Install from cm7 Nightly

chiaroscuro

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
here are my first impressions of the justice rom

I DID NOT sbf -

I installed it straight over cm7 for dx - nightly # 25

Here is my installation procedure:

1) Before installation, I downloaded the justice rom file "qtDRHz" from the Liberty toolbox ( was found under sdcard/Liberty/Nightlies/qtDRHz ) and renamed it to "qtDRHz.zip" using root explorer.

Direct installation from the toolbox does not work - it results in a reboot of the phone.

2) Rebooted using power button---> reboot --> recovery

3) Wiped Dalvik, Battery Stats, Cache and Data (Factory reset) - in that order without rebooting in between

4) Installed "qtDRHz.zip" from install a zip from sd card option

5) Waited for install to finish

6) Rebooted system

Notes:

1) My custom boot logo did not change
2) Boot animation changed however - - Droid Red Eye

Impressions ( some general and some in comparison to cm7 nightly 25)

1) No need of camera/camcorder/1 % battery fix as it comes inbuilt
for 1% to show up - check mark in settings-interface-status bar tweaks-battery percentage
2) Video playback also inbuilt
3) Does not play local ogg video files
4) Camera is AOSP, camcorder also works
5) Notification power widget - torch does not work
6) Torch in Liberty toolbox works
7) In settings - in order to open the "Justice Settings" needs liberty toolbox from the market
8) I had previously updated market manually to the new fancy one - but it did not show me a "movies" section, however the Justice rom comes with the new market in which the "movies" section shows up
9) Hulu Plus still doesn't work
10) Netflix, Youtube etc work
11) Quadrant and Linpack scores are comparable if not lower than cm4dx
12) Theme chooser comes with only 2 themes ( androidian & system)
13) USB still needs unplugging.replugging in
14) Only google search, market and Talk are pre-installed - rest of the gapps can be obtained from the market
15) Clicking on reboot ( just reboot - NOT in recovery) - reboots the phone in recovery - BUG??
16) Render fx widget is missing
17) Both screen on and off animations work out of the box
18) The justice wallpaper selection is much better than cm7
19) Inbuilt live wallpapers still don't work
20) Adfree android seems to be working much much better now
21) Google+ (latest version 1.0.2) f/c's when trying to post a status update or share a photo (see issue 23 for a fix)
22) Liberty toolbox used to work but is currently not working - Edit - working again
23) GPS does not get a lock - using the GPS fix for cm4dx fixes the issue and also issue 21
24) DSP Manager is not present (even though there is a link in justice settings)
25) Media Audio Effects in justice settings f/c's

Fix for Isuue 5 - torch in the notification power widget works after I flashed the camera/camcorder/torch fix by razorloves

Will post more as I explore -

Feel that if you have are running a recent nightly with fixes already in place - Justice doesn't YET seem to offer much more

P.S. Here are screenshots of Justice 0.1 along with Quadrant and Linpack score results (Adfree, Shoot me and Liberty Toolbox were installed after Justice booted up and did not come inbuilt)

Justice v0.1 - Screenshots

Last edited:

aubreyvt

Reaction score
Liberty tool box wont open now. Just goes straight to liberty settings when i click on the app. its fine except i cannot check for updates.

OP
C

chiaroscuro

Reaction score
OP
C

chiaroscuro

Reaction score
Liberty tool box wont open now. Just goes straight to liberty settings when i click on the app. its fine except i cannot check for updates.

same with me - seems to be some issue on the server side - it opened earlier.. - scratch that - it is working again

Last edited:

chefb

Reaction score

Might be found in the rom manager? If you installed one.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I saw your Quadrant was 2214. Mine on Justice stock CPU speed was around 1950 and overclocked to 1.305 GHz was 2317. I kinda was expecting a little more than this, just for bragging rights.

What is everybody else getting?

Liberty Justice

chaos254

Reaction score
i just installed justice and got 2205 quadrant with completely stock settings. Hopefully the battery life is comparable to liberty .09.

OP
C

chiaroscuro

Reaction score
I saw your Quadrant was 2214. Mine on Justice stock CPU speed was around 1950 and overclocked to 1.305 GHz was 2317. I kinda was expecting a little more than this, just for bragging rights.

Liberty Justice

My quadrant of 2214 was on the third run - somehow quadrant usually gives me lower values on the first run (high 1900s this time) - but that was without any overclocking

OP
C

chiaroscuro

Reaction score
Fix for Isuue 5 - torch in the notification power widget works after I flashed the camera/camcorder/torch fix by razorloves

billyfj

Reaction score

Liberty Justice

I'mgetting about 2000-2100 on stock

2100-2300 @1,100 and ULV

2300-2500 @ 1,200 and LV

billyfj

Reaction score
I know that Justice may be be based off of or built around CM7, but here is something to consider. This ROM has been out that less than 1 day and CM7 has been out over 6 weeks. Jrummy can only test his Rom very limited until he releases to the paid Toolbox and I am sure he will tweak the Bugs as we report them. After all we all know the paid Toolbox is for testing his Beta ROMS, it has always said that. No ROM is perfect, but the Liberty team has always been a very good and stable ROM and I don't think that will change. Just my thoughts guys.

chefb

Reaction score
all these fixes are they found in the op or the rom manager?

Migamix

Reaction score
the CM7 GPS fix is the hot mess from the GB release...the orientation will be a mess when you try to use anything other than Gmaps with it...but its still an improvement... and stops the G+ crashes