1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Justice now?

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by kanibal, Jul 29, 2011.

1. kanibal

kanibal New Member

I haven't seen any updates on how everyone on the justice rom is doing. I actually made the switch last week and I really like it, seems to run great. It's responsive and has some good custom options. I like the fact that theme chooser is in the package but seem not to be able to find a theme that I really like (juicemane - juiced gingercomb being my favorite on v.09). One thing is my battery life doesn't seem to be all that great...i am running android overclock but seems my battery life is about 8-11hrs with average use.

Any tips or suggestions would be welcome, but was just wondering where everyone else stood with this rom after a little while now. How many switched back to their previous rom? Im sure it will only get better with time, JRummy is doing a great job for the droid community.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. Dullawolf

Dullawolf New Member

I switched back. I enjoyed the rom, i didn't enjoy the battery life. I seemed to be having some problems with it tho. It was just starting to act weird. so i am going to wait until v2 come out before i flash it again. Hopefully jrummy can fix the battery life issue and the video camera issue. There is some other stuff too.

The thing that sucks the most is the fact that he just release justice and the new liberty toolbox and then went on vacation. So it is going to be a little while still before he fixes the bugs in justice and finishes converting liberty toolbox to rom toolbox.
  3. reposter432

reposter432 New Member

I couldn't shoot any videos in 720p or play older videos on my SD card after installing Justice. I'm back on Liberty 0.9, as I prefer not to have to apply zip fixes to ROMs. I like having the option of putting Blur apps back in if I want.
  4. kanibal

kanibal New Member

When you switch back to liberty you have to sbf back to froyo correct?

5. reposter432

reposter432 New Member

Yeah, SBF to Froyo, root it, install rooted GB, install Liberty.
  6. Dullawolf

Dullawolf New Member

that is correct
  7. kanibal

kanibal New Member

Thanks, I've done it before just been a while, at least I see all the files i need on my sd card. Probably going to do it tonight

8. randyb69

randyb69 New Member

If you are having issues with battery life, uninstall Droid overclock. The rom is quick enough you won't notice really any lag, but you will see a major increase in battery life. I did it after finding reports of such in other forums, they were correct.

9. Dullawolf

Dullawolf New Member

yeah, the rom is really quick. For sh**s and giggles, i underclocked it to 400 mhz ulv and ran a benchmark and still scored higher than what the phone originally should be.
    what sucks is the fact that even underclocking to 800 mhz, the battery will drain out in the same amount of time. The most time I got on justice is 17 hours. But that was because I charged it right up full before i went to bed and did a battery calibration. As soon as I woke up 7 hours later I looked at my phone and seen that it was down to 80% already. I dont think it matters what you do to that rom, it will just drain the battery quick .
  10. randyb69

randyb69 New Member

Like I said if you remove Droid overclock all these issues should be gone. I would wake up after 3-4 hours and my phone would be 87%... Uninstalled any overclock apps and its much better. Phones been off charger for 5 hours and slight use of texting, twitter and Facebook and I'm still at 92%

11. maximumpower

maximumpower New Member

How are you all liking Justice? I have not made the plunge yet. I was wondering if anybody is still using it after trying it out.
  12. randyb69

randyb69 New Member

I personally have been on Justice for probably a week and a half. I like it, honestly its CM7 with better battery life. I'm getting outrageous life compared to CM7. But as I've stated twice before you have to remove Droid Overclock. When using justice and DO I was getting horrible battery life just like CM7.

The only downside I see to Justice is after boot it will throw you into CWR and you just have to hit reboot there. Other then that, its alot more polished then CM7.

13. Uranus

Uranus New Member

How do I unInstall droid overclock? I'm not finding it.
  14. CD95YJ

CD95YJ New Member

I was getting fc issues on several apps like cars.com. fix permissions didn't work, uninstall / reinstall didn't work, it was annoying enough to drive me back to liberty.

15. pcpimp

pcpimp New Member

If you can't find you may not have it. Its under apps Android overclock
  16. SupraRZ95

SupraRZ95 New Member

U can uninstall through the market too

x.sys
  17. brad92

brad92 New Member

Justice is built off old versions of CM7. If you aren't happy with Justice, try CM7. Its already on Nightly 56, whereas Justice was built off of Nightly 20 something at the most.

My battery life has been better on CM7 than Justice. Also, CM7 is now Android 2.3.5 vs Justice 2.3.4.

CM74DX
  18. citronbull

citronbull New Member

Installed it and loving the battery life.
  19. debrad0307

debrad0307 New Member

Man 17 hours.... how in the hell? i don't get that much battery life out of my phone. i'm happy if my phone lasts my from the moment i wake up to the moment i go to bed. since i work 9 hours a day, my phone doesn't get used that much. i'm debating on installed Justice or ZombieStomped. not sure what i am going to do. heard a lot of horror stories about Justice so far (things not working, a lot of bugs, etc..). i love Liberty GB don't get my wrong but i am tired of looking at the same thing all the time... there is only so much you can do with 1 rom before you get burned out. i haven't changed my theme or other little things in like 3 months.... i am desperate to find a new look.
  20. brad92

brad92 New Member

Justice will give you worse battery life. ZombieStomped gave me pretty good battery life, and so did Apex. I think the best has been Darkslide though.

random rom'd X