Justice League had a very poor opening weekend

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
USATSI_8071811-strike-zone-021815.jpg

One of the most anticipated movies of the year was met the stiff arm from movie goers. Though I liked the movie I could understand how this could happen considering the poor critical perception of both BvS and Suicide Squad. And even though Wonder Woman was met with a much better critical perception, there were still a lot of questions about the DCU. And it manifested itself on a weekend where there really was not a lot going on in sports or at the box office. So in a weekend like this JL should have dominated this weekend.

Did you see JL, if so what were your thoughts, if not why did you choose to stay home?

Source: ‘Justice League’ disappoints at the box office with DC Films’ lowest opening yet

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
and they were expecting 120 million too. not surprised. for whatever reason DC movies never seem to do as well as Marvel.

Post Nolan yes I would agree.

What Nolan did well was build the character telling a good story. DC spent too much time trying to chase Marvel and rush their own Avengers hoping for the same success missing that Marvel had years of building up that universe.

Not every Marvel movie was met with great numbers. I for one did not see the first Captain America movie until after it hit DVD. And I only watched it so I could get up to speed for the Avengers.

DC should reboot using flashpoint and try and right the ship. The problem is I do not think they know what to do. They have so many great characters and stories to pull from in the rich DC universe. Sad that they are not able to find a way to bring it to the theater and capture what Nolan was able to during his run.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
was just reading the reviews...they were all over the board. I think I will wait for the dvd or it comes out on netflix.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I actually think it is work checking it out on the big screen. It does a good job being a "big screen" movie. But I can understand not wanting to check it out at full price. I say catch it as a matinee or when it has been in the theaters for a few weeks.

I really feel like they did a good job trying to right the ship and if this was not on the back of the poor reception of BVS and Suicide Squad it would be doing much better at the box office.

If you liked the Justice League cartoon you will enjoy it, but you will walk out understanding some of the complaints. In other words, the movie has it's issues but you can glance over them if you so choose.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you liked the Justice League cartoon you will enjoy it, but you will walk out understanding some of the complaints. In other words, the movie has it's issues but you can glance over them if you so choose.

I loved the Justice League(SuperFriends) when I was a kid. But you're probably not talking about this version.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I loved the Justice League(SuperFriends) when I was a kid. But you're probably not talking about this version.

It plays homage to that show as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
and they were expecting 120 million too. not surprised. for whatever reason DC movies never seem to do as well as Marvel.
DC heroes are weak and boring as are their villains. Even when I was a kid none of DC characters interested me. Marvel, I had a few thousands comics.
Death of superman was a highlight for me in DC universe.