just wondering

korosimsu

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and underground tech stuff in general, but I'm trying to catch up. I know this is probably old and out of date and not possible,but I was doing alittle history homework of my own and I found while surfing google of something called bluejacking and bluesnarfing. Seems it was really big 2000-2004. I would like to know if its is possible to bluejack on the droid with todays bluetooth. I figured I better learn bluejacking before I move to bluesnarfing. I would like to thank you guys in advance for any help giving.

hamlin11

Reaction score
what i am asking when the droid is charging should there be a light on.

onthemark

Reaction score
Are you wanting to actually do the act of BlueJacking/Snarfing or to prevent it from happening on your Droid?

If you want to do these things, I am not going to help you even though I know all about it, because it is wrong. It's SPAM and if you snarf, it's an invasion of privacy.

I spent a good part of 2 years developing software and tools to protect companies mobile workforce and data.

Let's just say that if I catch someone snarfing me, (remember you are within a 75 meters or so) you would need some kleenex to mop up the blood gushing from your nose.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you wanting to actually do the act of BlueJacking/Snarfing or to prevent it from happening on your Droid?

If you want to do these things, I am not going to help you even though I know all about it, because it is wrong. It's SPAM and if you snarf, it's an invasion of privacy.

I spent a good part of 2 years developing software and tools to protect companies mobile workforce and data.

Let's just say that if I catch someone snarfing me, (remember you are within a 75 meters or so) you would need some kleenex to mop up the blood gushing from your nose.

hmmmm....I seem to remember somebody sending me an IM recommending this. Glad I didn't do it in light of the possibility of being punched in the nose.:icon_eek:

onthemark

Reaction score

hmmmm....I seem to remember somebody sending me an IM recommending this. Glad I didn't do it in light of the possibility of being punched in the nose.:icon_eek:

Hook,

So yeah, I am a bit passionate about it. Here is the skinny. BlueJack is when someone in your proximety sends you a message over your bluetooth connection. Most of the time it is a spam advertisement but some have been successful in sending viruses.

Bluesnarf is when someone just taps in to your device via your bluetooth and swipes info, contacts, email, pictures, files whatever. It's like hijacking into someones wireless network. It really is not something we want running around a mobile device society.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hook,

So yeah, I am a bit passionate about it. Here is the skinny. BlueJack is when someone in your proximety sends you a message over your bluetooth connection. Most of the time it is a spam advertisement but some have been successful in sending viruses.

Bluesnarf is when someone just taps in to your device via your bluetooth and swipes info, contacts, email, pictures, files whatever. It's like hijacking into someones wireless network. It really is not something we want running around a mobile device society.

Maybe it wasn't that I got the IM on. It had something to do with a fish, IIRC and I was thinking they were saying it was another root.

General_Lee86

Reaction score
Yeah if somebody did it to me it'd be a lot worse I would stick a 20 gauge Shot Gun up your butt hole and watch your heady blow off! LOL