Just want a yellow status bar without losing any processes

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by omala, Apr 28, 2011.

1. omala

omala New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is the best rom to root my droid and go to just to change my status bar with minimal lag and no issues... my og droid broke and just got this so i am use to miui just curious what everyone would recommend

2. supermandroid

supermandroid Active Member

Ratings:
    +82
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto X 2nd Gen
    I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by "change my status bar with minimal lag and no issues"...

But personally, I'm running Rubix 2.0.1. It's the fastest, smoothest, most stable rom I've had on my phone yet.

Apex is my favorite blurry rom. Very stable, fast, good battery, and you can pick what blur you want via the terminal toolbox.

Darkslide is more of a blurry rom than not, and I also liked how fast this one was. The theme of it is very "different." Check out some screenshots.

Rubix 2.0.1 focused is what I'm currently running. It's very AOSP-like, and currently my favorite one. Got it running with the Samsung Galaxy theme. There is also a blurry version of Rubix, but I think Apex edges that one out.

Liberty is for customization and theme junkies and it's VERY fast. I liked the way the toolbox was implemented, but it tended to have too many stability issues for me.

Fission and GummyJar are both AOSP like roms, and I hear that both are very stable and very fast. I can't say personally as I haven't used either one extensively.

I hear that DrewGaren puts out excellent roms as well, he doesn't have a forum here but a quick Google search can take you there. I haven't used his roms at all so I can't give a personal account.

If HDMI functionality and blur is important to you then I would go with Apex 1.4.1, if not and you prefer AOSP... then I would go with Rubix Focused. Hope I helped :)

3. timelord

timelord Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You covered it all quite well. dancedroid

4. Halfie

Halfie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm quote sure that Liberty has a theme with a yellow status bar.

-Halfie