1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just used SholesInstaller, weird problem

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Yams, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Yams

Yams New Member

I just downloaded and used sholes installer on my droid (flashed 2.0.2). Everything was working great until I went to the app store to get setcpu- it wont let me download anything. The app just stays on 'Authorizing purchase....' or 'starting download....'. I tried pulling the battery and then restarting phone and that did nothing. Has anyone encountered this problem? I really don't know what could be causing this. :icon_eek:
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I seen someone over at alldroid had this problem after installing 2.0.2

I tried to download a free app from the Market but not a paid one, but it let me download and install it
  3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I had this problem when I installed the Sholes 2.0.0 version. I had to cancel the app purchase, and then immediately 're-purchased' the app. It went thru the second time no problem. I had to do this with both the SholesUpdater app and SetCPU. Just an FYI what worked for me.
  4. Yams

Yams New Member

tried some stuff- no good

OK I just tried cancelling and the hitting 'install' again. No effect. It just says 'starting download' and never does anything. Any help would be appreciated.
  5. Martin030908

Mine was stuck on "authorizing purchase" when I had to cancel the downloads. It wasn't actually in the 'download process'. Maybe that's why canceling the purchase and re-purchasing worked for me. FYI when you do that you lose the ability to return. The first 'cancel' is considered your 24hr window return.
  6. Yams

Yams New Member

there it goes

Ok now its working again. Thanks NateDiddy and Martin for your help. Now to get SetCPU going.
  7. Martin030908

Yams,
    Definitely go to the dev's website for SetCPU and read what every setting does and how it works. It will make your experience that much better. :)
  8. Yams

Yams New Member

Thanks, going there now.