Just used Google Wallet

captdroid

Reaction score
Did you get this figured out? I purchased an item today from CVS, and then decided I didn't want the PIN on my phone, so I went ahead and Reset the app, then I started getting that "Secure Element" error. I've been reading that once you get that, it also blocks/disables Android Beam. Can anyone confirm this? And is there a way to get back or unlock the secure element?

Galaxy Nexus LTE 4.0.2 unrooted/stock/locked

How did you reset the app? Can you clarify exactly what transpired prior to your getting the 'secure element' error?

sdlopez

Reaction score
I opened the app and clicked the action bar, settings and click on reset app. The app began resetting. I believe I also went into the phone settings and cleared cache and app data for Google Wallet. After that, I tried opening the app again to set it up and I began receiving that message.
I did a factory reset on my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and I'm still getting the same message. I also called Google and spoke to one of their employees. He basically told me he couldn't help me b/c the app was not supported on the Galaxy Nexus.:frown:

captdroid

Reaction score
I opened the app and clicked the action bar, settings and click on reset app. The app began resetting. I believe I also went into the phone settings and cleared cache and app data for Google Wallet. After that, I tried opening the app again to set it up and I began receiving that message.
I did a factory reset on my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and I'm still getting the same message. I also called Google and spoke to one of their employees. He basically told me he couldn't help me b/c the app was not supported on the Galaxy Nexus.:frown:

Sorry to hear that happen. Never want to clear cache and data for GW. Only use the reset within the app. I read somewhere that Google may be working on a way to fix the secure element error. Currently I know of no way to fix that short of replacing the device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

sdlopez

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that happen. Never want to clear cache and data for GW. Only use the reset within the app. I read somewhere that Google may be working on a way to fix the secure element error. Currently I know of no way to fix that short of replacing the device.

I hope you're right and they release a fix soon. Although my suspicion is that it would have to be "officially available on Verizon" for that to happen.
I've read in some forums that some people are having this issue as well with the Nexus S...I'm curious how Google fixes the problem for these devices since they're officially supported.

captdroid

Reaction score
I hope you're right and they release a fix soon. Although my suspicion is that it would have to be "officially available on Verizon" for that to happen.
I've read in some forums that some people are having this issue as well with the Nexus S...I'm curious how Google fixes the problem for these devices since they're officially supported.

From what I have read Google tells Nexus S users they need to get a new device

Briankbl

Reaction score
I used Google Wallet today for the first time with my GNex. Grabbed some drinks from a BP station today, opened Wallet, entered pin number, tapped phone on paypass terminal, done. Instantly gave me a "success" sound and my receipt started printing out. Felt good lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2