Just use icons from ADW Theme

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by genebean, May 3, 2011.

1. genebean

genebean Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I am missing it... but for the life of me I can't figure out how to just apply the icons from an ADW Theme. I don't want to use the entire theme as I am using T-mobile Theme Engine / CM 7 Themes. I do want to use entire sets of icons... not just individual ones. I know I can long press each icon and change it but there has to be a better way!

2. genebean

genebean Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Surely someone knows how to do this...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I can try to help you out here. You're just wanting to use the icons from a theme, correct?

If you save that ADW Theme, just hook your phone up to your Laptop/Desktop, find that ADW Theme file. Right-click on file, click on Copy, Transfer it from the phone to the PC. If it is an APK, change APK to ZIP (Example ADWTheme.apk to ADWTheme.zip). Use either 7-zip or WinRAR to open up that ZIP file.

Now if it isn't an APK file, then it's more likely it's a ZIP file. Just right-click on it, Copy to your computer and open up as mentioned above.

Once opened up in 7-zip or WinRAR, you'll have to go searching through the folders to see where those icons are.

Search tags for this page
adw apply icon theme only
adw icon (location or path)

adw theme icon location

adwiconapk
where are adw theme icons stored
where are adw themes stored on android