Just upgraded to a Moto X from a Galaxy Nexus

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be joining a few of the others in this thread and jumping from my GNex to a Moto X.

Got a Cyber Monday code today on the first of the 2 make-up days so I'll hopefully be ordering it in the next day or two when my bank shows the $ I deposited. I don't care for the locked down bootloader and really wanted the Verizon Developer Edition, but they were gone before I could get in and snatch one. So I'll just go with this one and "tweak" my 2012 N7 for now until I find a new toy I can mod to my hearts content. I'm sure they will be rare on Big Red, but I can keep hoping. (And yeah, if I want consistent service in my rural area, I have to stay on Big Red.)

So hopefully I'll have my phone in hand around the 16-17th.

The good news is the Moto X is fully rootable. They also don't use se Linux so there's hope lol

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Snoking

Reaction score
What advantage is there in rooting the Motor X. What about future updates?

On my Rezound it presented problems getting back in sync with updates!

If they work on the camera issues, then updates might be important.

Chris

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
What advantage is there in rooting the Motor X. What about future updates?

On my Rezound it presented problems getting back in sync with updates!

If they work on the camera issues, then updates might be important.

Chris

The newest updates seem to fix the camera issues. The camera is awesome. Also with the Moto X rooted I can use Xposed framework. As a result I have a full reboot menu, no YouTube ads and much more. Also I use adaway, so no ads in free apps. If I want to go back it takes me about 6 mins with RSD.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The newest updates seem to fix the camera issues. The camera is awesome. Also with the Moto X rooted I can use Xposed framework. As a result I have a full reboot menu, no YouTube ads and much more. Also I use adaway, so no ads in free apps. If I want to go back it takes me about 6 mins with RSD.

I should add...that the first few times you root it can be daunting...but after you "know your device" its cake.

WARNING:::;BEFORE YOU ROOT..BE SURE YOU ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS AND ARE SURE OF THE PROCESS AND WHAT PROGRAM TO USE AND ITS EXPLOITS...

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
The good news is the Moto X is fully rootable. They also don't use se Linux so there's hope lol

Well that's good to hear. Last I read (I'll admit I only briefly looked around as I was considering this phone, the LG G2 & HTC One) the latest update jacked the root and I never checked to see if it was fixed after that.

I'll admit, I gotta have my own boot animations on my phones and like to do my own theme stuff/mods.

Charmed

Reaction score
I think they may be overloaded. Wife motomaker phone came quickly and as ordered a week and a half ago. I ordered a black one from Amazon and it came with a white charger and cable.

At the low price, now a penny on Amazon, they have to be selling a lot of them.

Chris

I FINALLY got it Thursday. Worth the wait! I haven't been able to stop playing with it, and the battery life is great - I don't miss my GNexus at all.

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

kramermd

Reaction score
Upgraded from the GNexus and I love the X. I just seems like what the GN should have been. Battery life will last me two days (1d 16hrs) compared to the GN, and I would be lucky to get a day out of it (15hrs)...I probably use the X more because it is so much faster and fluid. Love the active display. Take it out of your pocket and it shows you the time without touching any buttons.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
i love active display too! Its totally bad ass how it doesnt light up all the pixels, only the ones needed.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I am the IT Guy and a law firm. I support all the phones (and everything else too). Just got our first Moto X.
Colored, too. VZW tried to tell us you can only get B or W on corporate accounts. We found a way around that.
Now, granted it's been about 2 hours.... but both the employee and I are blown away. What a really great phone.