Just upgraded from a Droid A855 to Droid RAZR 16GB (w/ 32GB SD CarD)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by jayareburn, Sep 9, 2012.

1. jayareburn

jayareburn New Member

Hello all,

I recently made the massive leap from my old original Motorola Droid. I had my old droid rooted, and had a ChevyNo1 rom on it, forgot which model but loved it. I know the phone is prehistoric but it kept me going until the top power button and right volume buttons died. So I was being forced to shut the screen and phone off with the app Button Savior... still a pain in the butt. I recently took a job traveling every week so I was borrowing a family members HP Touchpad that I had loaded a Cyanogen ROM onto. The thing ran awesome, it was great for the plane flights, waits at terminals, and hotel boredom.

I went to Verizon store and was ready to Upgrade to a new Motorola Phone, I saw the Droid RAZR 16GB and Droid RAZR MAXX. Besides the HD space and battery life I was not impressed enough to spend the extra money, so I went with the regular Droid RAZR. I am very impressed, already have a micro-hdmi to hdmi switch ready for the hotels.. what else could I ask for. I rooted the phone, ADB push program saw a video online, typical procedures from the old Droid and an old LG Ally I had. I looked at the ROMS available and was very skeptical at even loading one.

From what I have seen the latest 10, the camera doesn't work, and people have stated the wifi-data has had problems. I am not interested in being unable to use my camera, I love using in while on business in foreign places. I have had several apps of mine saved from my old phone and some do not like to work on the new phone. For instance the favorite "Caller Id Faker" always worked on my a855, but after installed the .apk onto my new RAZR, making sure it was the correct .apk, not corrupt, etc... the program loads and unexpectedly quits/dies. Security feature? Who knows, I will keep checking back to see when the latest ROM is released for this phone. I love it already and actually don't feel I need to replace, flash, or upgrade anything... we shall see :)
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the Razr!
  3. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Droid Forums!! Thanks for the great intro, very detailed :)
  4. SFGate

SFGate New Member

Welcome to the site. DancingNexus
  5. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Congrats and welcome aboard :)
Search tags for this page

droid a855 backup everything to sd

how to transfer from 855 to driod 4

how to use camera without sd card a855

motorola droid a855 upgrade to razr hd

motorola razr a855