Just updated OTA and got root back easily

eric.scheman

Reaction score
Last edited:

terrym041

Reaction score
I updated this morning and i was not even thinking about root. I was mad after. So after i rebooted my phone i just rooted using this method [HOW TO] Root your Motorola Droid RAZR [Windows Only]--http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ot-your-motorola-droid-razr-windows-only.html , When i installed it the post says to keep on "charge only" i put it on "usb mass storage" and everything works fine for me.

I did the same thing this morning before I could even see. It was so great to see the answer to my problem solved already many many likes! Worked like a charm.

Kstyle723

Reaction score
I updated this morning and i was not even thinking about root. I was mad after. So after i rebooted my phone i just rooted using this method [HOW TO] Root your Motorola Droid RAZR [Windows Only]--http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ot-your-motorola-droid-razr-windows-only.html , When i installed it the post says to keep on "charge only" i put it on "usb mass storage" and everything works fine for me.

I did the same thing this morning before I could even see. It was so great to see the answer to my problem solved already many many likes! Worked like a charm.

Was wondering if you guys could fill me in on this a little bit as the Razr I purchased the day before yesterday is my first Droid phone. I rooted, and did the wifi hotspot hack yesterday, and Im loving the phone so far. However, it seems like I read somewhere you cant update or something once rooted??? We'll, woke up this morning to a new ota update (which is installing as I type this). What do I do now? Will I need to re-root? How can I tell if my phones still rooted or not? Sorry for the noob questions lol

Kstyle723

Reaction score
*update* Installed new ota update with no issues (yet lol). Mobile hotspot still works fine, so I guess it didnt un-root me???

WhiteWolf

Reaction score
The best way to see if you still have root access is doing something like running Terminal Emulator (a command prompt for the Droid), and typing "su". If it says Permission denied (even though a pop-up says it was granted superuser access), then you've been unrooted.

And the OTA likely did unroot you, and you're just lucky Mobile Hot-spot still work :p

OP
E

eric.scheman

Reaction score
The best way to see if you still have root access is doing something like running Terminal Emulator (a command prompt for the Droid), and typing "su". If it says Permission denied (even though a pop-up says it was granted superuser access), then you've been unrooted.

And the OTA likely did unroot you, and you're just lucky Mobile Hot-spot still work :p

The mobile hotspot will work with or without root but you'll be charged for it unless you change the value from 1 to 0 so it doesn't check the authenticity of it but you have to be rooted for that