Just unboxed my Note 8!

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
They didn't get the memo!
It arrived in my local hub at 5:30. They put a hold on it. I am picking it up tomorrow morning! When they open!!
I will be the person standing outside, in my nightgown, waiting for them to open LOL Then I can go home and charge it while I sleep

my note8 was charged to 72% when I got it so you will not have to sleep too long :) be sure to post the selfie of you standing outside the door :)

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Gear360 came today and also another 128gb memory card for it. Much cooler than I expected but spooky too! I apparently turned on the video when trying to figure out how it worked. Got about 12 minutes of 350HD video of the entire room - when watching it could move the view around to see anything in room including hearing me being stupid and looking dumb while figuring it out.! I could see this being a fun party device.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Gear360 came today and also another 128gb memory card for it. Much cooler than I expected but spooky too! I apparently turned on the video when trying to figure out how it worked. Got about 12 minutes of 350HD video of the entire room - when watching it could move the view around to see anything in room including hearing me being stupid and looking dumb while figuring it out.! I could see this being a fun party device.

did not know it also needed a memory card too. thanks for that. I will be getting mine next week.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
did not know it also needed a memory card too. thanks for that. I will be getting mine next week.
If you pair it with your phone (and why wouldn't you) you can save the videos and pictures to your phones microsd card or to the one in the camera. My phone's microSD card is busy doing other things! Note that there are two apps on the play store for the camera. The old one is orange in color and along with other things can use NFC. The new white one with orange writing (both called Gear360 with word new after white one) can do much more but not NFC (not sure why you would want it to).

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Got a new N8 today. Was happy with my N4. Loved the screen, great phone. Son lost his, so he got it. Wanted to wait til after the v30 and new pixels came, but it's a damn nice phone!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I finally did it! I ordered mine yesterday and am picking it up today! Can't wait to get it in my hands.

Heads up for anyone waiting for price to drop; $250 discount at Best Buy. The Verizon device payment plan is for $686 ($28.58 for 24 months). One caveat is that you would have to pay full retail if you switch carriers before 24 months.

And even better news, I was able to apply my Best Buy gift card that I received when I bought my N5 to pay for the tax.

So excited!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I finally did it! I ordered mine yesterday and am picking it up today! Can't wait to get it in my hands.

Heads up for anyone waiting for price to drop; $250 discount at Best Buy. The Verizon device payment plan is for $686 ($28.58 for 24 months). One caveat is that you would have to pay full retail if you switch carriers before 24 months.

And even better news, I was able to apply my Best Buy gift card that I received when I bought my N5 to pay for the tax.

So excited!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Awesome news.. Congrats!

Sent using Tapatalk

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
For you Sam's Club members, they've sweetened the deal since we bought our Note 8's on Sept. 15th.
They're advertising a 1 day only sale for Nov. 11th offering a $300 Sam's/ Wal-Mart gift card and free activation. (The free activation is pay it in advance, and receive a bill credit later)
We received a $200 gift card in Sept.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk