Just Traded My Nexus for the Razr Maxx...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
what most people don't realize is that it's verizon's exchange server that's causing 99% of signal issues. it's inconsistent and can affect certain phones more than others. there's plenty of complaints of poor signal strength in various razrmaxx forums (along with every other LTE phone that's been made) as well.

people are running out and returning phones not realizing vzw will have it under control with network revisions. my GN used to drop data/voice twice a day when i first got it-now it hasn't done that in almost 3 weeks.

obviously most people don't know anything about an exchange server, and think the issue lies with the phone itself. i'm lucky to know quite a few engineers that are creating LTE networks for various carriers.

it's obvious why vzw doesn't want to admit to network probs, as it would ruin their rep as having "the most reliable network in america". apparently they figure the losses due to unnecessary returns would affect them less financially.

btw, based on the fact that moto is still updating the bionic just to get it working properly and also the fact that when moto updated all it's previous droid phones from froyo to gingerbread some months back they caused such a cluster of major issues that led to them pulling back the update from those phones only days later--i wouldn't expect the razrmaxx to get a properly working ICS within the next millennium. software is not moto's strong suit.

As to what I bolded....I dont see plenty of complaints in Maxx forums about signal strength. Dropping data? I see that...and have experienced first hand that every LTE phone might can have that issue. Signal strength and call quality issues...I dont see plenty of complaints.. Key word is: plenty.

Funny you bring up the Bionic and updates...yet arent we supposed to wait n see if updates fix G Nex issues? T Bolt and Bionic users are reporting much better phones with latest updates. Especially Bionic users. Cant speak on the Bionic personally...but the RAZR is running real nice. Just like I cant condemn Samsung for their past and recent mistakes and have to recognize they can hit one out the park ( Galaxy S 2)....we cant condemn Moto for past and current mistakes. The Droid 1 was nice, Droid X1 was nice, Razr is nice. These are the Moto phones I have experienced first hand. Froyo made my Droid 1 a better phone...stock Android, GB made my Droid X1 a better phone....GB +Blur. And with that GB update...it was the beginning of Blur getting alot better. Software might not be their strong suit...but they are getting better. Since the G Nex is stock Android...it says alot about how far Moto has come as far as Blur.

Reaction score
i've explained my point clearly. so, i have no reason to debate it. you're free to disbelieve, disagree, or compare apples to oranges. it's a free country. :D

btw, if you owned a bionic as i did, you'd know that issues with it are FAR more severe than the minor bugs with ICS.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
i've explained my point clearly. so, i have no reason to debate it. you're free to disbelieve, disagree, or compare apples to oranges. it's a free country. :D

btw, if you owned a bionic as i did, you'd know that issues with it are FAR more severe than the minor bugs with ICS.

Is this before or after the latest Bionic update....thats my point when I see posts about waiting for G Nex updates to fix issues. It cant be too bad seeing as there are still current Bionic users. Just like the G Nex cant be too bad, or the RAZR cant be too bad, or the Rezound cant be too bad.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm very glad I switched from the Bionic to the Nexus. The hardware is way better and the software is way better. It looks better and functions better.

Also they really haven't been selling many Bionic's since the RAZR came out. So you have a device that no one is buying just a few months after it came out.

The only problem with the Nexus is it's slippery. I have to put a grippy case on it.

Reaction score
Is this before or after the latest Bionic update....thats my point when I see posts about waiting for G Nex updates to fix issues. It cant be too bad seeing as there are still current Bionic users. Just like the G Nex cant be too bad, or the RAZR cant be too bad, or the Rezound cant be too bad.

i still own the POS. been trying to sell it. nobody wants it. it still sux equally as much after the most recent (50th?) update....:blink:

you've obviously never owned the bionic, or you would have mentioned it. so you're trying to drive a point home on something you haven't experienced. no offense. trust me, you'd understand if you had owned one.

the genx, rezound, and even the razr have bugs that are far more tolerable than the bio's. :D

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea...u are right. I never owned a Bionic. I just assumed if it was as bad as its made out to be...the forum section would have less activity at different sites. More ppl jumping ship. Maybe all the folks still with a Bionic are stuck. Who knows...

I said this before...whatever phone one has, if it doesnt have any major problems, annoying problems...be thankful.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
I loved my Bionic, when it worked. It seemed so temperamental with me. I had it for about 4 months an I went through about 4 of them. Signal an headphone issues on everyone. I disagree with Guru though, hardware wise I'd say its on par with the bionic. I count the bionic on par with all the other top phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

IDroid4s

Reaction score
Big mistake trading in the nexus for a razr Max!!!

Reaction score
I loved my Bionic, when it worked. It seemed so temperamental with me. I had it for about 4 months an I went through about 4 of them. Signal an headphone issues on everyone. I disagree with Guru though, hardware wise I'd say its on par with the bionic. I count the bionic on par with all the other top phones.

:eek: