Just switched from liberty to CM7 and need a lil help

meaker

Reaction score
So I just down loaded cm7 but I'm running into a few snags. Maybe a, few can point me the right way.

First I can't seem to register for updates under the cm7 settings..

Second, need swype back. Can some one send me the apk.

Third, seems that I'm having trouble with my widgets after a reboot. They don't come back up or say "PROBLEM LOADING"

Also, I have some video I recorded while using blur camera that now won't play.. Is there a fix to this or a app that will make them work...

Thanks for any help.. Still trying to figure it out but liking it so far..

Fyi, blue bold theme on here.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Never used the cm settings to register for updates. You could through rom manager though.

For Swype just download the beta from the site. Its free just need to set up an account.

Did you move the apps that control the Widgets to SD? Because that would cause that to happen. Just move them back and you will be good to go.

And for video download rockplayer lite from the market. Its free and you should be a le to watch anything previously recorded.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

OP
M

meaker

Reaction score
Well I got the swype installed and the widget problem stopped.. But the video play back is still not working. Also if I'm on speaker phone when putting my voicemail password in it says wrong password.. Works fine with speaker phone not on... Not sure but battery life seems worse then rooted gb .602

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Not sure about the video. That was a recommendation that someone made on another site that several people confirmed so I figured I would throw it at you. Sorry it didn't work for you.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

supermatt9

Reaction score
Battery life is DEFINITELY worse on cm7 than on rooted .602. I switched from cm7 back to rooted gb for that very reason. However, I miss cm7 so much that I'm switching back right now.

AmsuJackal

Reaction score
if your video you're trying to play back is 720p or shot with your phone's camera higher than 480, it wont play them back. i know playback and issues like that have been the bane of cm7 on DX since the first build. the best option ive found is moboplayer, it will play things others usually wont.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
CVPCS put out a native (pre-alpha) VLC player to help with the older videos. If I can find the link, I'll post it here for you. Run CM7 on the GB kernel. Battery life is WAY better than on Froyo.

Still Loading ... » blog:2011-09-18:videolan_for_android_pre-alpha_select the neon apk.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Just saw that yesterday. How is it working, have you tried it?

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I've only used it once, but it works fine for me.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Cool. Thanks for the info. Not that I doubted cvpcs, just wondering.

OP
M

meaker

Reaction score
I went back to Rooted GB. I couldn't get my video to work this weekend when i really needed it to.. Was not happy. I might give it another try down the road but with video playback issues, recording not working and battery life suck I just couldn't hang around long enough to find fixes..

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Which one did you try?? The froyo version or the GB one? Did you try things like Juice Defender for the battery? The GB version, doesn't need any "fixes" flashed with it either. And like I said, there is a VLC player (link on previous page) that will play the videos just fine. I have been on the CM74DX-GB since the day it was out. Not a single problem so far. No reboots. No FC's on apps. Camera works fine. Video recording works fine. Great battery life for an AOSP rom. Yesterday I was at 17 hrs off the charger and still had 40% batt left.

OP
M

meaker

Reaction score
I pretty sure I was using the gb version link on the first page if the cm7 rom thread. I installed the gapps and then camera/ytube fix..
Never use juice defender. I don't need it on rooted .602/605 shouldn't feel the need to using it on a rom..

That's pretty good battery life. I didn't very anything close to that. I watch my battery drop 30% during the night with cm. While root gb only drops like 5-10% . I had 16 hours on my phone and it was only at 60% that did include night time

cubsfan187

Reaction score
If you were flashing the cam fix (the all in one) then it was the froyo version. Things have gotten better on the GB one now. Here is the link if you want to check it out again.

[DEV_THREAD]DroidX CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel

The reason Juice Defender is good, is that the kernel is still searching for some aspects of Blur and that uses more battery than stock does. It really helps cut down on the battery use.

OP
M

meaker

Reaction score
Well I flash the camera fix but maybe I Shouldn't have. The instructions were not to clear about the camera fix only being for the froyo one . I'm pretty sure I was using the gb version.. Oh well maybe I'll give it another try someday. I did like the speed and themes but battery life is important to me and even with JD you are not getting the battery life I'm getting on rooted GB .605