Just switched from a BB

gullicksonm

Reaction score
Hey all! I just upgraded to a grown up smart phone (lol) from a BB Storm 2 to a Razr Maxx. Holy, cow, the difference! I was sooo lost at first. I am not very tech-savvy, so this has been a bit of a struggle for me. I did have a few questions. On my BB, my contacts with FB synced their photos to my address book, even their birthdays went into my calendar. Does anyone know if there's a way to do this with the Razr? Also, I read a thread about hiding or rooting the "bloat" so I can remove the apps it came with that I don't want. I'm terrified to do this, so I've hidden the apps, but I keep getting a notification that there are upgrades available, and I don't want to install them. Is rooting my only option? If so, wth does it involve? Lastly, does anyone know if there is a way to save pics from the internet onto your phone? My friends will send me those eCards, but I haven't been able to figure out how to send it without sending the whole IP address (if that's even the right terminology...). Thanks for any help, you guys are awesome!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
First and foremost welcome to the forum and congratulations from moving from beta max to blue ray :).

I can not help you with the FB part because I don't use the APP as I actually don't want it synced with my phone at all, so I just go to the mobile site. I am sure someone can help you with that though.

As far as the updates you can go into the Play Store and hit the menu button (the three little dashes on the far left soft buttons) and go into the settings, from there you can choose to disable notifications for APP updates.

For pictures if you long press on them there will be a menu that gives you the option to save it to your phone so you don't have to copy the whole URL.

OP
G

gullicksonm

Reaction score
Thank you! As far as the FB thing goes, it's just convenience, really. Keeps me from having to save a pic to everyone's contact info. As for the other stuff, I will try that! Thanks so much!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Thank you! As far as the FB thing goes, it's just convenience, really. Keeps me from having to save a pic to everyone's contact info. As for the other stuff, I will try that! Thanks so much!!

Yeah I completely understand that one, as I just add a picture when I start seeing myself contact someone regularly. I know it can be done though with FB so I am sure you will get an answer for it soon.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Welcome to the Forums and the world of Android! :) Must feel good to say :byeBB:...

pbickel

Reaction score
I addressed Facebook syncing in another post. If you go to the my accounts app on the phone there will be two Facebook icons if you downloaded the app. Log into the smaller icon and it will the sync with your contacts and Calender. If it doesn't sync with all contacts click on the contact then press menu then press join. After that just find their name and join.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

chhare

Reaction score
I too was a long-time Blackberry user and supporter....................but have converted to a Razr Maxx and haven't looked back. I can't believe what I was missing all that time.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the droid forums!! I'm a bb convert too.. :) welcome aboard!! So is she^^^

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah same here went from the Pearl to the Curve to the Tour and finally Bold Touch. Never thought once of going back, even though that keyboard on the Bold Touch is the most amazing thing I have ever typed on.

djnolo

Reaction score
Yeah me too! I owned a BB Tour. I loved the functionality of my BB but my MAXX is an ever expanding world!

No MAXXation without representation!