Just Swapped for a Rezound

diablo81588

Reaction score
FWIW I am on ICS and I just traveled from Cleveland through St. Louis, down into Arkansas then back across to TN and back home on my motorcycle. Now that I am back and after the hassel of data drops on the road while I am trying to navigate I am now shopping for a new phone. I will pay full retail since I am not due for an upgrade and it sure won't be a moto phone. Might take me a month or two to decide but I am done with this nightmare.

Guy that was with me had a Blackberry that never dropped data.

There could be several reasons for your data drops after the ICS upgrade.

1) Your phone or SIM card are defective. Try getting a replacement SIM card and see if it improves.

2) Your area is having issues. If the blackberry is not a LTE phone, then you can't compare it to yours. Data drops are caused by eHRPD, which handles handoffs between CDMA and LTE, and are not compatible with each other. 3g phones don't use eHRPD, so they won't experience data drops. If the blackberry was LTE, your area might not be the problem.

3) You have an app causing the issue. My girlfriend has a RAZR, and right after the ICS upgrade she starting having data drops. Turns out, it was a themed Facebook app called pink cheetah that caused it. Every time she loaded the app, data would drop. Uninstalled it and installed the normal Facebook app, and the data drops disappeared. I have no idea why this happened, but it must be some incompatibility with the RAZRs ICS build.

There has to be a reason why I don't experience data drops and you do. I agree the bionic had data issues with gingerbread, but then again all early LTE
phones on Verizon did. Since installing the leaked ICS builds, I haven't had a single data issue, and that's not an exaggeration.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Last edited:

Tech425

Reaction score
I will post my other post from the "Wireless Moot" here - Sence I've went to HoB 247 ICS my Bionic has been Awesome, also I tested my speed against a friend of mine that has a D4 and
mine was twice as fast and latter I test with a friend that has the new IPhone 5 and hehehe my Bonic was faster and had faster 4G speed too :biggrin:

I'm got to say this again - I got to give Samuri and sargent a very big Thank You :hail: :biggrin: dancedroid

I went to the lake we have here to fish this morning and when I was @ .905 I would be lucky if I got 2 bars 3G - But now on HoB .247 I'm getting 3 to 4 bars and it's 4G dancedroid

Again Thank y'all very much :hail:

welsalex

Reaction score
Same here! After the ics leak my 4g likes to actually stay on

Yeap. My 4g is rocking on .247. Always always always lost connection on gb, and it was always at critical moments; using google maps was a pain it seemed to always die when I needed to find something while driving. Now I ask, the phone delivers!

Reaction score
I've been experiencing maddeningly frequent data drops as well. If ICS doesn't resolve the issue when pushed, I will be jumping ship as well.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
welsalex said:
Yeap. My 4g is rocking on .247. Always always always lost connection on gb, and it was always at critical moments; using google maps was a pain it seemed to always die when I needed to find something while driving. Now I ask, the phone delivers!

On ics. I have 1more bar than usual when I was on gb

nikecar

Reaction score
The screen is better on the Rezound. Bionic has better battery life. Other than that not much difference.

you can get the extended battery on the Rezound.

I am very happy with the Rezound. My main gripe with the Bionic was data drops in 4g.

However, It is a skewed comparison because the Rezound has ICS and my Bionic had GB.

The UI is better - I Iike Sense, though I know some prefer the vanilla Android experience. The Rezound seems a lot faster. ICS is great. No data drops so far in 4G and the Bionic was terrible in that regard.

Battery life seems comparable to the Bionic before I got an extended battery for it. I've ordered one for the Rezound.

The speaker quality is better on the Rezound.

The only negative I have noted thus far with the Rezound is with the Bluetooth performance. It took 3 attempts to pair with my truck hands-free phone system and I was not successful in pairing with my wife's car's system.

Overall, I feel I have come out ahead with the swap. Hope this helps.
Before ICS, my rezound would drop data too. since then, its wonderful.

diablo81588

Reaction score
you can get the extended battery on the Rezound.

I'm aware and recommended that on my first post in this thread. But, it makes the Rezound very thick, and you shouldn't have to buy an extended battery just to get usable battery life on a phone.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm aware and recommended that on my first post in this thread. But, it makes the Rezound very thick, and you shouldn't have to buy an extended battery just to get usable battery life on a phone.

For light to medium users in good reception zones the standard battery is more than adequate. For heavy users with weak reception all day such as myself the extended is a must. That'd be true on any phone in my world though. I actually prefer the ergonomics of the extended back vs the standard but that's just my preferences. With the exception of my enV1 , I have always felt more comfortable with the ergonomics of extended battery backs when holding my phone.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
mountainbikermark said:
I actually prefer the ergonomics of the extended back vs the standard but that's just my preferences. With the exception of my enV1 , I have always felt more comfortable with the ergonomics of extended battery backs when holding my phone.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

I agree 100%. The Rezound with the extended battery fits perfectly in my hand. It really feels solid. That along with the ability to get this kind of up time makes getting it a no brainer.

View attachment 57000

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums