Just some questions..

iOSfails

Reaction score
So its been awhile since I've posted anything and I'm glad to say I'm happy to be back. I am a very proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus now and am loving everything about this phone. However, I've had service issues and sub-par battery life. The ONLY problems with this phone are said issues. Complete signal loss is my biggest annoyance. When it happens I don't just lose data, I am unable to send off a text! It eventually comes back after a minute or so. I'm located in Albuquerque, NM and live in the mountains. I understand the signal loss at my house. Nobody gets a signal there.
Also, battery life. I'm getting just about 8 hours on one charge. I am constantly texting but using minimal data (Facebook, 9gag, browser etc.) So, any tips on making my battery last longer? Excluding buying an extended battery.

Lastly, I will root this bad boy once I receive the 4.0.4 update (whenever that may be...?) It will be my fist time unlocking and rooting so any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my GNex using DroidForums

nbucko

Reaction score
If you have 4g in your area try switching to CDMA only. See if your data loss issue is related to the slow 4g/3g handoff issue with the nexus.

Battery life? Either root and underclock, buy the extended battery (which isn't much bigger mah wise) or both.

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
4g/3g hand off issue, huh? Is there a fix for this? Perhaps the upcoming update will address these issues. I've seen many people ask about some of the same issues so hopefully the 4.0.4 update will do something. I will switch to CDMA only because today I had total signal loss at 3 times per hour :(

Underclocking. Sounds like it would slow down the overall functionality of my phone. But I do plan on rooting and playing around with it a bit. Once I receive the update of course.

Sent from my GNex using DroidForums