Just sent this email to HTC!!

mitchb2

Reaction score
I am right there with you...I see people claiming they are getting all kinds of battery life. I am in a 4G area and was just shy of 4 hours off a full charge. On top of that, the earpiece was sooo retarded loud that even at its lowest setting everyone around me could hear,

I agree about the earpiece. It's basically a speaker phone! But that's something they could change through software.

As far as battery, I usually connect my phone to my PC at work at some point during the day. Yesterday I decided to just go for it. I used my phone as usual, with no constraints. I had 40% when I turned in at 10pm. My Droid 1 usually had about 60%.

Not all that bad. Especially since I use the phone almost constantly for browsing in the evening.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
DroidDoes, i know the battery is fail, i ended up getting the extended as well.

On the reception, are you just going by the bars? I thought mine was horrible sitting next to my D1, it had 3 less bars, but going into settings, i realized it was right on par with the D1 as far as the DB strength. It just considers any given signal "weaker" than what the Droid does. <----see what i did there :p

I have even had it drop to 0 bars and still maintain 3g and still have been able to download/call. If my Droid dropped to 0, it lost data immediately.

Last edited:

storm00

Reaction score
battery

i just ordered the extended battery w no memory. I kow it sucks the juice but so far i love the phone. They are also making covers now. I ordered one. So You did have 2 weeks to take it back . I did on the iphone. Hated it. I am a droid girl

edbdroid

Reaction score

On the reception, are you just going by the bars? I thought mine was horrible sitting next to my D1, it had 3 less bars, but going into settings, i realized it was right on par with the D1 as far as the DB strength. It just considers any given signal "weaker" than what the Droid does. <----see what i did there :p

I have even had it drop to 0 bars and still maintain 3g and still have been able to download/call. If my Droid dropped to 0, it lost data immediately.

Please, do not confuse folks with facts... RSSI and the actual dBm numbers are irrelevant! It's all about how many bars of signal show up on the front screen. :biggrin:

My TBolt consistently displays fewer bars than my DROID did... yet the signal strength numbers are consistent with what I got previously. And I have not had any call quality or drop issues.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't you see the 1000+ threads about how bad the battery life is before buying the phone ? Did you expected to get one that magically last longer ? As for reception I had no dropped calls yet .
Come on, quit exaggerating the number of battery threads. There were no more than 996 threads.

997 (one was closed). ;)

This thread has been Thunder struck!

I've closed 997 of them. Easily. ;)

Please, do not confuse folks with facts... RSSI and the actual dBm numbers are irrelevant! It's all about how many bars of signal show up on the front screen. :biggrin:

My TBolt consistently displays fewer bars than my DROID did... yet the signal strength numbers are consistent with what I got previously. And I have not had any call quality or drop issues.

That to me is what's important. Can anyone prove that by having 4 bars instead of 2 that it makes a significant difference in battery life?

DroidDoes, you disappoint me. You couldn't have just dropped your opening post in the battery thread section? Or maybe just put it in an existing post?

See what happens when you become staff? I pick on you more. :D

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
It's really unfortunate that the phone doesn't meet your standards, but one person nor a small minority is going to make a difference. Apparently the battery life from HTC point of view isn't a big concern as their phones still sell like hot cakes. We'll see just how well they do when more 4G phones join Verizon's lineup.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Droid Does, I wonder if you compare your dBm numbers with your DX if you will realize you are incorrect with your initial statement. Signal bars are not all that important. And you remember the fuss they had over the Iphone when people realized that the signal bars were set to read higher than they really were...

My dBm numbers are no different than with my DX. I am very pleased with how my phone functions (since we got the initial network issues resolved).

Also my battery performance was excellent when I first got my phone (STOCK). It was easily as good as my Droid X was. But strangely since I am now running a rom it runs down MUCH quicker.

My only issue at the moment has been the gps. It would take far too long to get a gps lock. But I downloaded the GPS Status app from the market and from tools clicked "manage a gps state"... and it has fixed it for now. It does bother me that I have to do this since this feature should work without having to mess around with it. My Droid X gps functioned flawlessly always and could be relied upon at any moment to get me somewhere. I don't feel I can rely on the Thunderbolt to get me anywhere. I hope they fix this.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score

+1!!!

As for battery life, with the stock battery, rooted, and using the smartass governor my battery life was on par with my d1 running gingerbread. The battery may seem to go quicker because it's reported in 1% increments, but mine would always hang out at 40% for what seemed like forever before going any further. Yes, the percentages are quite inaccurate, but it lasts longer than people think because they see 40% and plug it in rather than run it dead. Also, many ppl reporting battery issues are using task killers or syncing stocks, news, friend stream, and everything else under the sun.

I'm not saying this is the case for you, but my observations over the time the TB had been out.

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
4b2d41fa-d640-1de2.jpg

My tbolt has been up for over a day and still has 50% battery left, given that I haven't used it at all. I expect good standby times though. Also I am using the stock battery.

On a side note using GPS navigation sucks battery like there is no tomorrow. I used GPS for about 24 minutes on monday and I lost 20% of my battery. I have used my droid to go on a 2½ hour trip with gps on while only using up about 70%. This is ridiculous.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

illmatic636

Reaction score
I wrote a letter to HTC as well. My issue was that the Droid Incredible that was covered under a manufacturer warranty has a serious well known reboot issue. Verizon wants nothing to do with me cause I did not have insurance but I called HTC and they stated it was still under the manufacturer warranty and to take it to PCD (Personal Communication Devices) where a tech would diagnose it and fix it. Well, I herd back from PCD and they say the device is unfix-able. They went on to say that the phone has a damaged PCB board. I could not understand why they could not fix it. It's an expensive handset and the device has a 1 yr warranty from HTC. For the amount of $$ we pay for these things, is one year too much to ask for the life of a $600 device??!?!?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wrote a letter to HTC as well. My issue was that the Droid Incredible that was covered under a manufacturer warranty has a serious well known reboot issue. Verizon wants nothing to do with me cause I did not have insurance but I called HTC and they stated it was still under the manufacturer warranty and to take it to PCD (Personal Communication Devices) where a tech would diagnose it and fix it. Well, I herd back from PCD and they say the device is unfix-able. They went on to say that the phone has a damaged PCB board. I could not understand why they could not fix it. It's an expensive handset and the device has a 1 yr warranty from HTC. For the amount of $$ we pay for these things, is one year too much to ask for the life of a $600 device??!?!?

Would you please explain what you mean when you say Verizon wants nothing to do with you? That's simply not true, if you have an issue and Verizon can't fix it they have to honor your warranty. If you're getting this from someone in a Verizon store, call customer service and tell them about it. They will take care of it for you and make sure you give them the location of the store.

edbdroid

Reaction score
Would you please explain what you mean when you say Verizon wants nothing to do with you? That's simply not true, if you have an issue and Verizon can't fix it they have to honor your warranty. If you're getting this from someone in a Verizon store, call customer service and tell them about it. They will take care of it for you and make sure you give them the location of the store.

^^^This.

Manufacturer warranty is 12 months from the date of purchase, so if there's a defect (rather than the fact that the phone got run over, submersed in Mt. Dew, or stolen), you have recourse thru Verizon. They handle the warranty provided by (in this case) HTC. As long as you haven't physically lost or damaged the phone, they will replace it at no charge if all other troubleshooting fails.

If you were told differently, you were lied to, and you need to call customer service to get your warranty work done and to report the employee who told you differently.

illmatic636

Reaction score

^^^This.

Manufacturer warranty is 12 months from the date of purchase, so if there's a defect (rather than the fact that the phone got run over, submersed in Mt. Dew, or stolen), you have recourse thru Verizon. They handle the warranty provided by (in this case) HTC. As long as you haven't physically lost or damaged the phone, they will replace it at no charge if all other troubleshooting fails.

If you were told differently, you were lied to, and you need to call customer service to get your warranty work done and to report the employee who told you differently.

Yea but because I bought it used, they did not want anything to do with it. 12 months is 12 months tho right? Thanks for the feedback everyone. Sorry to Jack your thread DroidDoes.

jogutier

Reaction score
Didn't you see the 1000+ threads about how bad the battery life is before buying the phone ? Did you expected to get one that magically last longer ? As for reception I had no dropped calls yet .

@ the qouted comment above. LOL I must of received a magical one. My Thunderbolt has been the same as my Samsung Fascinate - S. No complaints here. :icon_ banana:dancedroid