1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just saw the Storm 2 commercial. Maybe VZ is not all Droid :-)

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by mjs31, Oct 31, 2009.

1. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

I don't think this is off topic, but feel free to move if needed. World series just showed the Storm 2 commercial. I have yet to see one, but then again I run a tivo like player and skip them. Is this new or old? I know VZ was giving most love to the Droid....
  2. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

i moved your thread here.. going to look for the storm 2 commercial! :)
  3. Sam

is this the one you saw?

looks slick!
  4. Sam

maybe this one?
  5. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

They can come out with all the nice ads they want, doesn't mean much anymore esp to those who have the storm 1st gen.
  6. danDroid

danDroid Administrator Staff Member

I have seen the second commercial you posted run a lot here in Austin.. Its cool, however it doesn't create the same feeling or buzz the droid commercial does nor does it make me want to rush out and pick one up.

The Droid commercials scream... Prepare for WAR Apple!
  7. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

The thing is. You have to touch it to really get a feel for it. It feels cheap to me. Yes the screen is nice. Yes they fixed the click on the screen too, but overall it seems like the same device with little or no upgrades. Still the BB App. world is limited and adding WIFI isnt a biggie for me either. I was in the store the other day. Looking at it. I had my S1 with me. My S1 was running better then thier S2. Now I had to "shrink" my OS and wait to get some apps updated to run right on 5.0. That only took a year to figure out :rolleyes:.

Lots or people are making a change becuase RIMM hasn't helped out with a new UI or more Apps. :(. Also FWIW I woke my Storm up this morning and it had only 7.2mb of app memory available. I had to pull the battery ti get back my 42.6. That is a major bite in my a**. I shouldnt have to pull the battery once or sometimes twice a day to keep the device running well ;)

On Topic : The commercials look nice
  8. JimMariner

JimMariner Rescue Squad

Does't matter how good they make the commercials, I am still getting the Droid!

I am tired of the battery pulls too !! They need to start from scratch and build a Hurricane Phone, instead of just a Storm.
  9. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

That's a bad word here in Fla bro :eek: