Just Rooted

bobotoimp

Reaction score
I just rooted for the first time on my Thunderbolt and I need some ideas on what to do first, taking all ideas.

Sent by the one and only Chitownbrez!!!

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Flash a ROM. Customize it to fit you. And have fun overclocking and undervolting if you wish.

Right now I on Das BAMF sense 3.0 RC4.9 on the imoseyon 3.4.0 kernel. Clocked at stock speeds but overclock to 1.6ghz every now and then. Highly recommend it for a very stable, fast, smooth, sense 3.0/gingerbread ROM. Synergy is also a good ROM as well if you like sense.

Enjoy the flashing (be careful though), overclocking, tethering, customization, and freedom of root :)

sent from my quietly rooted HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

OP
bobotoimp

bobotoimp

Reaction score
A lot of that went over my head, but I'm learning, thanks.

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
No worries man. I actually finally rooted my phone not to long ago either. I think only like 2 weeks ago lol. Just do a lot of research, this forum and xda are great forums to learn as well and feel free to ask questions. You'll learn a lot as you go because I knew absolutely nothing about rooting when I first started Haha. But trust me, once you find the ROM and kernel that fits you, you'll love your phone 10 times more.

zwegan

Reaction score
Flash a ROM. Customize it to fit you. And have fun overclocking and undervolting if you wish.

Right now I on Das BAMF sense 3.0 RC4.9 on the imoseyon 3.4.0 kernel. Clocked at stock speeds but overclock to 1.6ghz every now and then. Highly recommend it for a very stable, fast, smooth, sense 3.0/gingerbread ROM. Synergy is also a good ROM as well if you like sense.

Enjoy the flashing (be careful though), overclocking, tethering, customization, and freedom of root :)

I just rooted this morning using the new method that doesn't wipe the phone.

The only reason I hadn't rooted was because I didn't want to lose my angry birds progress, lol.

I had titanium backup with a pro key already, so i backed up, installed BAMF, and I am loving it.

johnd09

Reaction score
It is very addicting, there is now so much you can do with the phone, I like tinkering. About to flash the newest radio this afternoon and maybe try a new kernel.

Sent from a BAMF'd 'bolt using DroidForums

OP
bobotoimp

bobotoimp

Reaction score
So will I lose all my contacts and apps o.ce I do all of this?

zwegan

Reaction score
If you use the new method, you won't lose any information.

It was VERY easy.

Just use the root method then use a backup utility to back up all your apps and you will be golden.

I have the titanium pro version and gosms. I have gosms set up to backup my conversations at midnight every night and I run Titanium every week or so (or before I am going to flash a rom)