Just rooted

tomjhansen

Reaction score
I'm delurking to post success my results of my successful rooting. A few things for other fellow noobs.

1. Watch a YouTube video before you root. It made the process much less stressful.
2. You lose most of your settings on your phone but surprisingly not your wifi settings. Follow the manual method by jcase.
3. Rooting is free but you'll probably want to spend 4 bucks on root explorer after you are rooted.
4. I rooted for the wifi hotspot. Barnacle seems slow. Find wifi tether on code.google.com and download the 2.0.7 version. I'm getting about 3 Mbps on it vs 50 kbs on barnacle.
5. I was on the July update MR2.5 but haven't had problems on the MR1.

Thanks to all who posted before me and gave me the incentive to root.

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
I don't see root explorer as a neccesity and its not worth $4 there are equivalent file managers that can keep up with it. And rooting is so easy these days. I saw a kid with who rooted his phone and barely knew what to do with it lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

thelopenator

Reaction score
I don't see root explorer as a neccesity and its not worth $4 there are equivalent file managers that can keep up with it. And rooting is so easy these days. I saw a kid with who rooted his phone and barely knew what to do with it lol

why you gotta put him down man

WilfulHippo

Reaction score

why you gotta put him down man

I'm not talking about him I'm just saying that it has gotten to be so simple now with the advances in development to root. But more power to him its a big leap to do it!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

I think his post was helpful. Root Explorer is a good app; I use it all the time.

You don't have to shut down someone who is trying to be helpful. Oh mighty tech guru

Liberty Justice

thelopenator

Reaction score

I think his post was helpful. Root Explorer is a good app; I use it all the time.

You don't have to shut down someone who is trying to be helpful. Oh mighty tech guru

Liberty Justice

yeah thats what im saying. anyways yeah man power to the people!

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
What I'm trying to say is that there are other programs that a regular user can use because seeing all the system folders can be overwhelming to a new user. And a more simple approach is just a file manager if you want to select a file to use. I just say that so that before someone buys it they know there is another simpler app. Again I'm not trying to diminish him it is a good post I just wanted to throw it out there.

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Lol I remember when I went to root I had z4root up and it took me like 10 minutes to finally press the button because I was so worried I would mess up and brick my phone lol

Last edited by a moderator: