Just rooted question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by keithsmith22, Aug 6, 2010.

1. keithsmith22

keithsmith22 New Member

I just rooted the OTA 2.2 and installed Titanium backup, ROM Manager, Busy Box and other root apps. I backed up my current ROM (the OTA) and I am ready to start with my first ROM. My question is, do I need to do a wipe since I am coming from the OTA 2.2 or can I get away with it since I am going 2.2 to 2.2. I have read that about ROMS but not to sure about with the official OTA. Thanks.
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Sometimes you don't need to, but I personally like installing on a clean slate. It never hurts to wipe, if you indeed have everything backed up and ready to reinstall again post install of the ROM.

A lot of problems can come up from not wiping. Wiping will at least rule out your data as the problem causing the issue.
  3. keithsmith22

keithsmith22 New Member

OK, now I need some help. I was using ROM Manager to go to BB 0.4, I downloaded the ROM and selected the Wipe Cache once it asked. It started to reboot, upon reboot it just goes to the triangle with the phone and I have to hit Volume Up plus Camera Button and it brings me to a recovery screen. What next?
  4. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

You never installed a custom recovery, thet yellow triangle is stock recovery.

I like SPR but you can go into Rom Manager and flash clockwork again or flash alt. (SPR). Rom Manager has had serious issues with froyo. That is why I use SPR.

You can also:

Use sbf to flash SPRecovery onto your phone:

You will need to have RSD Lite installed to flash the SPRecovery sbf file for ESE81

Download the following file:
    1. Connect your phone to the PC via USB and turn it off then while your phone is booting hold up on the DPAD.
    2. Run RSD Lite 4.6 as Administrator (For all you Vista and 7 folks out there. If you are using XP you may not need to run as Administrator)
    3. If your phone is not displayed in the "model" column you may need to do the following:
      1. Select the "config" option from the upper left corner of the tool
      2. Select DeviceId Options
      3. Select one of the two options available. By default neither are chosen, and my phone shows up fine with neither one selected.
    4. Click the [...] next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file you want to use and double click the .sbf file.
    5. Hit start and below it should give you completion progress.
    6. Your phone will reboot and you will be on a stock 2.1 phone with SPRecovery installed.
    credit to ikithme and video at droid-life.com

You now have the replacement boot-recovery app SPRecovery installed. You can use this tool to perform backups, restore those backups, apply update.zip updates, kernels, and flash full replacement roms