Just Rooted...Now what?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by IslandZane, Jan 17, 2011.

1. IslandZane

IslandZane Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just rooted my droid 1 and now im wondering what the heck should i do. Somone pleez show me the full capabilities os superuser permissions pleez! :D

2. CxUNG

CxUNG Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Install a rom ! But first and foremost install koush bootstrap to make full backup of your fone. Then instal Titanium backup to backup your apps. Then find rom that you want to install.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

3. IslandZane

IslandZane Member

Ratings:
    +0
    any suggestions on the rom? :)

Sent from my Droid

4. CxUNG

CxUNG Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Theres a few to choose from. All depends on your interests. Theres a thread post collumn on this website where you can fibd sone roms suggestion under the droid forum.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

5. IslandZane

IslandZane Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sweet thanks man

Sent from my Droid

6. chuy3kari

chuy3kari New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which root r u using

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

7. DroidFan88

DroidFan88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Download Rom Manager and then download Bugless Beast, but make sure you check off wipe data. You will need to re-activate your phone and sign back into your google account so everything can sync again. It's a great rom, enjoy it

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +555
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3, straight stock
    Try installing the Sourcery Rom - Sourcery ROM

-Mike

9. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd recommend checking out the big daddy of (almost) all of them: Cyanogen

10. junebug

junebug New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    rom

What all can you do different by installing a ROM. Not sure if I want to without knowing what it does. Please inform me.

11. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    as others have mentioned, the absolute first thing you need to do is create a backup of your current system. that way, if something goes hinky when flashing a rom, you always have a set up that you know is stable, and you can go back to and start again. TiBu, or MyBackup, or something similar is also a very good idea to back up your apps.

here is a thread to talk you thru post-rooting options: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ve-rooted-now-what-n00bs-guide-post-root.html

as for your choice of roms, visit the "Custom Roms" and "Android Roms" sections of the Hacking subforum on here. Here are a couple of threads that have tried to link many of the available roms in one place:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...ms-kernels-baseband-updates-source-leaks.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/45504-updated-droid-rom-links-kernels-themes.html

recommendations from people are fine, and often helpful. but what you must keep in mind is that every phone is different, so your phone will not perform the same as somebody else's on the same rom. the key is trying out a bunch of different roms, and finding the one that works the best on your particular phone, and has the features you like.

That being said, the "most popular" roms, and probably a good place to start, would be: Actngrezy's Project Elite; Liquid Frozen Yogurt; Chevy's No. 1; Sourcery; Sapphire (cvpcs); Ultimate Droid; CyanogenMod (Koush); etc... There's tons of them out there, and there isn't a "bad" one in the bunch!! we have some great developers on here!

you may notice that i didn't mention Bugless Beast, and that is for a reason. It is one of the most popular roms out there, and it is a great rom. but, for a first-time-flasher, i would steer you away from it, only because Pete has an installation process that can be a little tricky if you're new to the process. once you've become comfortable with the flashing process, by all means check it out!

and most importantly, if you have questions, don't hesitate to post back. welcome to the dark side!! :)

12. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    i would start by reading this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html

then, read the thread i just linked above, regarding post-root for noobs. that should give you much of the info you're looking for regarding the advantages of root and running custom roms. if not, post back with questions. :)

Search tags for this page
htc inspire root capabilities
i just rooted my htc inspire now what
just rooted droid
just rooted my droid now what do i do

just rooted now what

just rooted sg4 now what