1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just Rooted .....Now the fun begins?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ChevyNexus, Jun 30, 2010.

1. ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus New Member

Ok so i did it i rooted the phone with help of dmartins from this board to 2.2 now i need some help on understanding somethings

1)Overclocking Kernels- now this is somthing that has made me wanna root for awhile because these from my understanding make your phone all around faster. well my question is how do i install them?? I download em to my comp an now what?

2) ROMS- Imk not sure how these work either or how to install these.

an my final thing is i updated to 2.2 an all i did was change the name of the update file to update....now is that file on my droid still? an should i get rid of it to do roms an kernels because i see some places where i need to rename the file update an i was thinken if i had two updates on the same card it would confused the droid an make it not work correctly.
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

If you don't mind spending 3 dollars, Rom Manager premium is an EXCELLENT tool for new to root users. It does everything for you, just choose what you want.
Search tags for this page

fundroidhacks