1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just rooted... no wifi!?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by davekay, Aug 3, 2010.

1. davekay

davekay New Member

Hello all,

I just rooted my phone yesterday by using these instructions and ended up not being able to get a wifi connection on the phone. Then I downloaded ROM Manager and installed Bugless Beast v0.4 and still can't get a wifi connection. I've asked around in a chatroom or two, but haven't been able to get any help on this, so I came here hoping I might be able to get answers.

Thanks in advance! Any assistance is greatly appreciated. :)
  2. joeybarclay

joeybarclay New Member

have you tryed flashing a custom kernel i know that fixes wifi for some
  3. davekay

davekay New Member

Thanks for the reply!

The only kernel I've flashed (via ROM Manager) is ChevyNo1's Low Voltage 0.8Ghz. Could you suggest another kernel that others have reported as fixing their wifi?
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  4. davekay

davekay New Member

Just fixed it. Stupid me forgot I needed to choose the WiFi connection I wanted to use and also re-enter the password after the data wipe.

/n00b
Search tags for this page
i rooted my phone and no longer have wi-fi

rooted phone no wifi

rooted phone now i have no wifi