Just rooted my Droid - ways to improve battery life?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SEJ, Jul 19, 2010.

1. SEJ

SEJ New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I finally decided to root my phone last night. I installed Sapphire 0.8.4 and although my battery life seems to be significantly worse. Is this normal when installing a new ROM? I'm going to install SetCPU tonight when I get home from work and try to set up some profiles. Should that improve battery life? When I was running stock 2.1, my Battery Left widget always said i got about 15 hours full battery life. I haven't had a chance to calibrate it with the new ROM but it's saying my full battery life is less than 7 hours. Besides SetCPU, is there anything I can do to improve battery life? Thanks.

2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +92
    Different ROMs produce different effects on different Droids, if changing your kernel and your clock speeds don't yield any improvements I would suggest Flashing a different ROM

3. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0

Not necessarily.

Certainly worth a shot. Have you checked into what's using your battery?

4. SEJ

SEJ New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I got to work this morning (about 1.5 hours after taking it off the dock where it was charging all night), the battery was down to 81% according to Battery Left, 90% according to the system. I checked the battery usage and Display was about 60% with cell standby and phone idle were the only other 2, around 20% each. All I had done with the phone since taking it off the charger was download about 3 or 4 apps from the market.

Before I rooted, my battery would drain about 7% per hour with minimal/no use, according to Battery Left.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +1
    I can usually go about 15-17 hours before needing to put my phone on the charger (unless I have heavy usage). I have several profiles set in SetCPU and that will help get longer life. Also I have been reading where others have reported that the battery life widgets are not completely reliable or accurate with 2.2 Roms.

Search tags for this page

improveing my rooted droid x

use root to increase battery life