1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just rooted my Droid - ways to improve battery life?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SEJ, Jul 19, 2010.

1. SEJ

SEJ New Member

I finally decided to root my phone last night. I installed Sapphire 0.8.4 and although my battery life seems to be significantly worse. Is this normal when installing a new ROM? I'm going to install SetCPU tonight when I get home from work and try to set up some profiles. Should that improve battery life? When I was running stock 2.1, my Battery Left widget always said i got about 15 hours full battery life. I haven't had a chance to calibrate it with the new ROM but it's saying my full battery life is less than 7 hours. Besides SetCPU, is there anything I can do to improve battery life? Thanks.
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Different ROMs produce different effects on different Droids, if changing your kernel and your clock speeds don't yield any improvements I would suggest Flashing a different ROM
  3. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Not necessarily.

Certainly worth a shot. Have you checked into what's using your battery?
  4. SEJ

SEJ New Member

When I got to work this morning (about 1.5 hours after taking it off the dock where it was charging all night), the battery was down to 81% according to Battery Left, 90% according to the system. I checked the battery usage and Display was about 60% with cell standby and phone idle were the only other 2, around 20% each. All I had done with the phone since taking it off the charger was download about 3 or 4 apps from the market.

Before I rooted, my battery would drain about 7% per hour with minimal/no use, according to Battery Left.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    I can usually go about 15-17 hours before needing to put my phone on the charger (unless I have heavy usage). I have several profiles set in SetCPU and that will help get longer life. Also I have been reading where others have reported that the battery life widgets are not completely reliable or accurate with 2.2 Roms.
Search tags for this page

improveing my rooted droid x

use root to increase battery life