Just rooted my Droid Razr Maxx. Now what?

GotnFX

Reaction score
I gained root through matts utility.

I am pretty sure Matts Utility has an option to flash a Stock ROM. I am not sure which version you used, but make sure its JB 4.1.2.

OP
Jxpinc

Jxpinc

Reaction score
So I pulled the sim and the sd cards and left it overnight. Hooked up the dead phone to the charger and turned it on. Safestrap gave me option to restore stock. Rebooted system and it asked me turn the phone off and insert the sim card. And I'm back.
Not sure what will happen if the phone reboots now with the sd card in it, but the phone is good for now. Thanks to all who helped. I miss cm10.
I'll be back!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
Jxpinc

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Got my deactivated Droid X rooted and on CM7. Again it was so easy. So I'm going to try to get the Droid razr maxx back on CM 10 tomorrow. I still have root, I just haven't booted into recovery since my phone started working again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
Jxpinc

Jxpinc

Reaction score
So I am back on cm 10. I think my problem with not being able to activate ROM slot 1 was because my internal app storage was to full. After I cleared a bunch of apps off the phone I was able to set up ROM slot 1, activate it and install cm. Yay. Good for now. Thanks for all the help. Maybe I'll look into cm 11 soon.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

doniago

Reaction score
It's interesting that you say that...twice in the past month I've had my Rom Slot 1 seem to "disappear", which as you can imagine is extremely unpleasant...especially when you're traveling in Canada at the time. I was extremely glad that I had essential CM files on my phone's SD card and that I had access to wi-fi from my hotel! While I use Titanium Backup and could rebuild my phone in a few hours...it was still a matter of spending a few hours rebuilding my phone.

I don't know what might have caused the problem, but having it happen twice in one month was just too alarming. I'm due for an upgrade on 6/20 in any case, so happily it will be a moot point soon, one way or another.

lloydsw

Reaction score
So I am back on cm 10. I think my problem with not being able to activate ROM slot 1 was because my internal app storage was to full. After I cleared a bunch of apps off the phone I was able to set up ROM slot 1, activate it and install cm. Yay. Good for now. Thanks for all the help. Maybe I'll look into cm 11 soon.

CM is safestrap compatible? I've stayed away being under the impression it's not....

OP
Jxpinc

Jxpinc

Reaction score
So I've got twrp and safestrap taking up over 5 GB in my internal storage. Is this normal? Do I need both. Can I move them to my external SD card? Delete twrp? I need some space! Thanks. I'm now on cm11 m7. 4.4.2

OP
Jxpinc

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Clean Master thought cleaning safestrap was OK. It was not had to flash everything again.

lloydsw

Reaction score
Clean Master thought cleaning safestrap was OK. It was not had to flash everything again.

I almost walked into that trap. But I KNEW I didn't have the 3+ GB of garbage that clean master was volunteering to clean.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7

Uh if you have TWRP then you have an unlocked bootloader. Ditch safestrap.

Sent from my Eclipsed XT1060

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Lol... I know but to install TWRP on the RAZR line you need an unlocked bootloader. That's why I was questioning him.

lloydsw

Reaction score
TWRP is a recovery tool. It does not unlock the Bootloader.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Safestrap installs a folder named TWRP (at least on mine). Doesn't mean TWRP is installed.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
There ya go. Now that you mention it I remember that as well...lol.

Just making sure he wasn't doing anything unnecessary if his bootloader was unlocked.

lloydsw

Reaction score
There ya go. Now that you mention it I remember that as well...lol.

Just making sure he wasn't doing anything unnecessary if his bootloader was unlocked.

Yes, I quickly ditched safestrap when I had an alternative... Can't complain tho...it gave me a year of freedom from the stock rom.