1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just rooted my droid, couple of questions...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by samshwetz, Jul 15, 2010.

1. samshwetz

samshwetz New Member

ok so like many others, I got sick of waiting for the official froyo update so I decided to go ahead and root my droid. i used the sapphire team's update, and it rocks my socks, but i have a few questions...

1. there seems to be no just vibrate/ just silent mode. either the phone rings and vibrates, or doesnt vibrate at all. there is no just vibrate and just silent mode. (if that makes sense) my question is, will that be fixed in an update?

2. will i be notified when the official update by verizon is pushed out?

3. if updates are available to the sapphire version of 2.2, will i be automatically notified of those too?

any answers are greatly appreciated.

Sam
  2. holeshot

holeshot New Member

Since you are rooted no you will not receive OTA update notifications from VZW while running custom ROMS . I would think you would from Sapphire. I do from Cyanogen.
  3. Big Chi Schezuan

Big Chi Schezuan New Member

Q2

Most ROMs will block the new update so you should'nt have to worry about the update.
  4. bishop

bishop New Member

Not sure for Saphire but i know for my leaked FRF84B build i have silent, vibrate, ring or both vibrate and ring at the same time(finally fixed in FROYO). I do know when i had to do the wipes to get out of the boot loop i lost my ringer/notification and haptic feedback settings. Double check your settings first then if all else fails check with people running Saphire.