Just Rooted! i got a question.

chram893

Reaction score
I'm new to the Rooted world of Android and I just installed wifi tethering.
My question is... what are the rules for using the wifi tethering? I've heard that you should limit the usage to a reasonably fair amount, but whants considered a fair amount of data usage while using the wifi tether. Also, what are some useful apps for rooted users?

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Titanium backup, it will allow you to backup all your apps and system data (as well as remove carrier bloatware)

Shootme or drocap
Not as useful but kinda neat, they take screenshots of your current screen.

Root explorer, es file manager, astro file manager
Useful, pretty self explanatory, and all three let you explore the root directory of your phones storage, such as installing a custom boot animation.

Droidforums.net appified!

the5barrons

Reaction score
I'm new to the Rooted world of Android and I just installed wifi tethering.
My question is... what are the rules for using the wifi tethering? I've heard that you should limit the usage to a reasonably fair amount, but whants considered a fair amount of data usage while using the wifi tether. Also, what are some useful apps for rooted users?

What he said above works for apps. There is a few threads covering rooted apps. do a search.

As far as wifi. If you have unlimited service, which as far as I know all vzw dx owners do, it can't tell the difference if you are tethering or just using your dx a lot. I don't limit my usage either way...figure how much you paid for the phone, contact, and service...I'm getting the most out of it.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp