Just Rooted, Did I do it Right?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by BigMcGuire, May 9, 2010.

1. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

I've been playing around with the idea to root my Droid for a long time now. Finally did it this morning. Rooted to Bugless Beast v1.0 2am this morning with the 800Mhz overclock kernel + led fix. Really loving the speed and customizations.

After installing the smoked glass theme, I decided I wanted to go back to the stock theme. Well, looks like you can't do that. So, did I do this right? -- I just put the BuglessBeast V1.0 -ESE81V1.zip back as update.zip and ran the install from recovery without wiping. Back to original theme with all my apps/settings - had to reinstall the LED fix and Overclock again.

Is that ok? Everything appears to be working just fine.

Questions: When/If 2.2 ever comes out, I just accept the update (because my rom will block it anyway) - right? Then just wait for Pete to come out with a 2.2 version?

Thanks for all the help.
    -Paul
  2. beneharris

beneharris New Member

yeah sounds about right. i dont think you did anything wrong
  3. rolo_tamazi

rolo_tamazi New Member

yep I concur...

next time you might wanna just make a nandroid backup before you try out a theme. then restore the nandroid if you don't like what you get.
  4. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

Pretty sure that the rom has ota updates blocked. Besides Pete will probably have the 2.2 update out before verizon releases it anyways.:)