Just resends texts on its own

kpoker

Reaction score
So 2 days ago, my droid just decides to resend out the last text I sent to 3 people from the day before. Anyone else ever have that?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Try switching to Handcent. It blows the regular messaging app out the water, imo.

As for resending texts, never once has it done that to me. I had another main phone for a month so I never really used the stock messaging app, i had Handcent since like day 3 or 4 of ownership. It could be a network issue cause I do receive "double texts" quite often from some friends.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So 2 days ago, my droid just decides to resend out the last text I sent to 3 people from the day before. Anyone else ever have that?

It may be app interference. Something you downloaded may be causing a conflict somehow. Probably the only way to know is to do a factory reset of the phone and then load your apps back on one at a time. I had to do this about two weeks after I got mine (as mine decided to reboot itself at various intervals) and it has helped 100%. Just a thought.

Last edited:
OP
K

kpoker

Reaction score
What are the difference between the stock and handscent?

PhilD

Reaction score
Handcent is a phenomenonal messaging app, you can download it from the market. Until then, do not kill the standard "messaging" app with ATK, just let it run all the time and see if it helps.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
what do you mean rooted?

If you don't know then the answer is no you're not.:) I was going to suggest something different then ATK if you were rooted. Still think you should get that off your phone. If you must have one try Task Panel instead.

OP
K

kpoker

Reaction score
Handcent is a phenomenonal messaging app, you can download it from the market. Until then, do not kill the standard "messaging" app with ATK, just let it run all the time and see if it helps.

What does it do that the regular stock messaging doesnt?

PhilD

Reaction score

slinky

Reaction score
Unfortunately it's ad based. Personally I find the stock pretty decent. It works. Has word counter to ensure you know you're sending one or two text messages. It sends text messages. It receives. It puts an alert both audio and visual if it arrives. Don't need much more. :)

PhilD

Reaction score
Unfortunately it's ad based. Personally I find the stock pretty decent. It works. Has word counter to ensure you know you're sending one or two text messages. It sends text messages. It receives. It puts an alert both audio and visual if it arrives. Don't need much more. :)

it's not ad based. yes, there is a small ad banner that is displayed when you go into the settings menu, but that doesn't happen often. Handcent is far superior to the default messaging app, the ads are a non-issue.