Just received Motorola Email

yaterml

Reaction score
This post has been removed due to confidentiality agreement with Motorola Mobility, Ltd

There is no "soak" test please continue about your day regularly.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Just a heads up from last time, if Moto can link these comments to your account, you will be taken off the list. Continue at your own discretion and enjoy what is to come.

OP
yaterml

yaterml

Reaction score
Standard soak email that is all...

That's why you post before you apply

rherron

Reaction score
Could this be why I have been getting the old "Check for update is not available at this time. Try Again later." message when I check for system updates? Maybe they're going to push OTA update to JB soon. I just got a message to update my device drivers as well.

Capture.PNG

The system update thing has been driving me nuts. I like it to simply say "you're system is up to date" or whatever.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Yeah, I just got a soak test email too. I am on the Christmas JB "leak" so it will be interesting to see if I can update.

rherron, that's just an update for motocast. I got that and updated earlier today.

David

rherron

Reaction score
Don't they typically send out device driver updates and the like ahead of an OTA update? And maybe I am imagining things, but I thought it was the case that, at least for some, the "try again later" message sometimes occurred around an update. Don't know. Sometimes I think that just happens regardless.

OP
yaterml

yaterml

Reaction score
Yeah, I just got a soak test email too. I am on the Christmas JB "leak" so it will be interesting to see if I can update.

rherron, that's just an update for motocast. I got that and updated earlier today.

David

Funny thing is that I am on the OTA Christmas update and am still got confirmed for the soak test.

OP
yaterml

yaterml

Reaction score
I am going to assume that means
A) this is a whole new JB build
B) this will involve a 2 step updater if still on ICS
Or
C) it's just a cleaned up installer version of the Christmas release not to cause all the install errors.

Regulator

Reaction score
I am going to assume that means
A) this is a whole new JB build
B) this will involve a 2 step updater if still on GB
Or
C) it's just a cleaned up installer version of the Christmas release not to cause all the install errors.

Im betting on it being a entirely new build. Just due to the fact of the ICS kernel and some reporting the survey asks if your on the JB OTA.

Razr Maxx/Incredible 4G

Brostrom4

Reaction score
So...question is, what does this mean for those of us already on the leak? Do we have to do anything to receive the official OTA? Im on the leaked JB....

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
Did they tell when you'll the update?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2