Just played with the VZW Nexus for 20 minutes

Jawbone

Reaction score
Haha, this is my favorite statement of the day.

People keep mentioning this as though the extra real estate is totally worthless and really just the same as 4.3". While that is a somewhat astute observation, people don't think of the times when you can access the full screen real estate. Just look at how honeycomb deals works with the virtual menu buttons when a YouTube video is playing.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

I use Dogcatcher to watch/listen to video podcasts ~1.5 hours a day + Netflix. I will gladly take the 4.65" screen as my daily form of entertainment.

ambrown

Reaction score
If they've got GNex phones then why the big delay? And they're hanging onto what they've got till January? Someone just needs to be straightforward with what's going on. Technical issues? They just want to wait till after the holiday shopping season when everyone will already have a phone?

Aw, screw it all and go get the Razr or the rezound.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
no offense to the op but I dont get why people still think the screen is 4.65 or whatever. Its 4.3 and the extra is for the buttons. The 4.65 dosnt make the phone "bigger"

Wait til other phones that have a 4.3" display get ICS, the G-Nex will have the larger display then. :p

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
no offense to the op but I dont get why people still think the screen is 4.65 or whatever. Its 4.3 and the extra is for the buttons. The 4.65 dosnt make the phone "bigger"

Not entirely true. Anytime you're watching videos, looking at pictures, playing games the screen is 4.65''. So it does make a difference.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

2qsqfbb.png

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Wait til other phones that have a 4.3" display get ICS, the G-Nex will have the larger display then. :p

Not really because on screen buttons won't be present on phones with capacitive buttons. Doesn't really matter to me though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Not really because on screen buttons won't be present on phones with capacitive buttons. Doesn't really matter to me though.

Really? Kind of takes away from the ICS experience, at least it would for me.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Really? Kind of takes away from the ICS experience, at least it would for me.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Yeah that's why I'm getting the Nexus. Phones that aren't buttonless won't have the same experience.

OP
K

Khallos

Reaction score

No offense to you, but I said in the OP that I currently have an OG Droid, so even a 4.3" screen is a concern.

FYI, after personally using the phone, I CAN CONFIRM THAT THE SCREEN IS IN FACT 4.65".

That's breaking news right there, send it off to AndroidPolice.