Just picked up my droid from walmart :)

elbono75

Reaction score
Happy to hear some can't wait til they sell them in the am tomorrow @ the real verizon store... Unlike you guys, I will be going to a actual store to buy mine... Screw wally world or best buy or any other wireless type store...

So I pay a lil more up front and deal w a rebate big whoopie doooo daaa...

I got to actually touch, hold and use and play with a Droid last week for over 2 hrs at the local verizon store. Did the best buys or the wally worlds have one or even any of the extra stuff that you can get with it??

Just sayin'

mdcdave

Reaction score
Only a dummy phone at NM walmart

They only had a dummy phone up nothing to see functionality

TarzanMan

Reaction score
anyone figure out how to save pictures you get in your sms inbox? theres no way to do it that ive found

On the G1 (android 1.5 or later), you long press the image and it pops a menu up asking if you want to save it to SD card.

I assume that they haven't changed this function in android 2.0

350-Jason

Reaction score
anyone figure out how to save pictures you get in your sms inbox? theres no way to do it that ive found

On the G1 (android 1.5 or later), you long press the image and it pops a menu up asking if you want to save it to SD card.

I assume that they haven't changed this function in android 2.0

You are the man. Thanks.

When you guys get the phone... you'll see the JOKE of a manual it comes with.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Happy to hear some can't wait til they sell them in the am tomorrow @ the real verizon store... Unlike you guys, I will be going to a actual store to buy mine... Screw wally world or best buy or any other wireless type store...

I got to actually touch, hold and use and play with a Droid last week for over 2 hrs at the local verizon store. Did the best buys or the wally worlds have one or even any of the extra stuff that you can get with it??

Just sayin'

Verizon will hardly acknowledge that the Droid exists until tomorrow. I say screw Verizon, I'm going to Best Buy. And a $100 mail in rebate in the form of a debit card that might not arrive for 2 months? Give me a break. You have fun with that. I'll walk into Best Buy tomorrow where I was able to preorder my phone a week ago and take my instant $100 rebate home with me along with my new Droid.;)

mdcdave

Reaction score
Test Pic bad flash sorry

Attachments

• 2009-11-05 20.08.31.jpg
    2009-11-05 20.08.31.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 221

flcastillo1975

Reaction score
congrats to those who got them. walmart does not have them in dallas texas. only in select markets......

Zippster

Reaction score
flcastillo, i believe that PHONE slot in your profile is for your current type and model of mobile phone bud, not your phone number. ;)

mdcdave

Reaction score
flcastillo

Its ok Florida Castillo born in 1975 let it all hang man!!!!

medicTHREE

Reaction score

Just sayin'

Verizon will hardly acknowledge that the Droid exists until tomorrow. I say screw Verizon, I'm going to Best Buy. And a $100 mail in rebate in the form of a debit card that might not arrive for 2 months? Give me a break. You have fun with that. I'll walk into Best Buy tomorrow where I was able to preorder my phone a week ago and take my instant $100 rebate home with me along with my new Droid.;)

The rumors of best buy having outsold their preorders is going to make this interesting.

TarzanMan

Reaction score
Lot of hype built up for this phone... that is for sure.

Wish I could have one as a 2nd phone... there is no way I'd give up my rooted G1 with wifi/bluetooth tethering, though.

mjs31

Reaction score
The other poster said his camera clicked one time and focused. Does yours also click one time? Just curious since most of use will be checking the clicking tomorrow.

350-Jason

Reaction score
i dont get what you mean clicking? I took a picture... and it was fine.