Just picked up my droid from walmart :)

leetbumble

Reaction score
All i can say is wow. I went to walmart in Orland Hills IL and was able to get my droid, i had one pre-order at BB, but after reading reports that Walmart was selling them, i was like what the heck let me give it a try. The best part is the phone was only 188.00 plus tax....:D

188 with 2 year renew??? Im in mid-cycle and Verizon told me it would be an extra 20 to change a year early... still worth it... but if wallmart can get it for me cheaper...... I will call out of work.

Zippster

Reaction score
Got my son heading to our new super monster walmart that does sell Verizon for some recon, will post once I get his status report. :biggrin:

joegrind

Reaction score
Got my son heading to our new super monster walmart that does sell Verizon for some recon, will post once I get his status report. :biggrin:
Hey...you know the saying....if Walmart doesn't sell it....you probably don't need it.

joegrind

Reaction score
Typing from my droid. OS is amazing, browser too. Keyboard is exactly what people have said... fail. But its definitely not a deal breaker. Its heavier than the storm, but solid. google sync worked perfectly for my contacts. Touch Screen is soooo nice. Colors are a billion times better than the storm. Couldn't be happier since it was $202 out the door. When I went to Verizon on the way home, they were pissed. Felt good :)

Let us know after using it over the weekend if the keyboard is still a fail. (I doubt it will be)

350-Jason

Reaction score
keyboard definitely feels cheap. thats a good way to put it. but when it slides out, its a solid slide. the actual keys just suck. any specific questions? my camera works.

joegrind

Reaction score
keyboard definitely feels cheap. thats a good way to put it. but when it slides out, its a solid slide. the actual keys just suck. any specific questions? my camera works.

Did you get the media station and car dock?
Does the screen smudge easily?
Did Walmart have any holders/ pouches?

joegrind

Reaction score
Google Wave

Hey Admins....any of you on google wave? Care to start up a Droid wave?

NvrEnough

Reaction score
Walmart is hilarious. Went there and they had 3. Guy looked at me and said I have no clue what I'm doing. He actually let me Set my own account up on the Wally computer. Took a bitt I'm holding a Droid. Lol. They had 3 total. Fremont ca.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
SO those of you who got the DROID at Wal-Mart, did hey honor the NE2 ?

And did they have both docks ?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Posting from droid. Keyboard is good to me ;)
people will like, love and hate the keyboard....it's subjective.

Everybody will have their own opinions. I'm not even worried. It's a keyboard either I'll like it or I won't.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Its probably just something we all will hate at first then love after a while, hell, we all endured the STORM when it came out.

NvrEnough

Reaction score
no docks where i went I was a new customer 206 out the door with tax verizon was being rude so im glad i got it this way.