Just picked up a Razr M - It's... very nice.

DroidDoes13

Reaction score
Are you on the family plan? Part of me thinks that if she upgrades she will be forced into the new share everything plan, which in turn would put you on that plan as well. This is just my assumption though.

You will not be forced onto the Share Everything Plan but will have to give up unlimited data.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
AmishButcher said:
Just picked up my M...very impressed to this point. I've come to the following conclusion after reading numerous user/website reviews: the majority of people are afraid of change in a mobile device. OMG, it only has 3 buttons instead of 4, it's power button is on the side, mine is on top and countless other trivial details. Based on this fear, aspects of the device can be nit-picked (despite the fact the M is 2 years newer than my old phone, based on SOME reviews I thought my phone was going to look like Tetris on GameBoy when I watched a vid, ha) and criticized. I'll make it work if there's a feature I don't like. If your in the market for an upgrade and ur current phone is an older 3G, the M will blow you away (and please don't reply that phone "X" is way better than the M...it may be true as I'm not Master Androidian, but you get my point)...plus it's only $100 bucks, can't beat it. Sorry for the rant, but just trying to give some legit feedback to people in the market who may read this thread looking for opinions, I know I did

I think you are going to be very happy with the M. It is power packed with great specs priced at next to nothing. The things it can't do (hdmi) are things I don't do anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

smuckers

Reaction score
I'm loving this phone... Very quick, great battery life.. Been using it non stop and still over 45% battery.. Coming from a dx this phone is great.. Would definitely recommend it to anyone. The signal does seem a little weak as stated in another post but I'm still getting 14 mb download and 12 up.. So no complaints yet..

View attachment 56203

View attachment 56204

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120923_002932.png
    ForumRunner_20120923_002932.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 223
  • ForumRunner_20120923_002941.png
    ForumRunner_20120923_002941.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 195

jwilly216

Reaction score
I have the option to get this tomorrow...it looks magnificent...but for $100 more i can get the s3 so i think that's the direction I'm leaning towards

smuckers

Reaction score
BB has all samsung smart phones $50.00 off...$150.00 with new or upgraded contract..The S3 is a nice phone but i just didnt like the feel of it and the size was a little big for my liking..I really wanted to wait for the Razr HD but my dx didnt want to wait..I'm sure you'll be happy with either phone since the specs are pretty close.

lwags67

Reaction score
The things it can't do ..... are things I don't do anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Exactly right on. This phone is much more at this point than my prior D2G was when I got it.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only thing that frustrated me about the M was the camera. Otherwise it was pretty much perfect.

phositadc

Reaction score
I have thetion to get this tomorrow...it looks magnificent...but for $100 more i can get the s3 so i think that's the direction I'm leaning towards

If you are ok with the size of the s3 I think it's probably the better choice. Personally I can't stand huge phones so the M was a no brainer :)

josh.lop6

Reaction score
AmishButcher said:
My thoughts exactly...runnin over 33+ hrs with a single charge also...still have 12% left

I got 47 hours of my battery switching between wifi and data heavily using. Do you have any apps disabled?

bmetelsky

Reaction score
I ordered my M this weekend and it should arrive by FedEx on Wednesday. I can't wait. I had been using a Droid Incredible 2 on 3G. Sold the DINC2 on Ebay for $140 to cover the cost of this upgrade ($99 for phone, $30 upgrade fee).dancedroid

AmishButcher

Reaction score
I got 47 hours of my battery switching between wifi and data heavily using. Do you have any apps disabled?

Just all the bloatware that verizon has pre-loaded...my day an a half usage is with fairly decent wi-fi and data usage and absolutely 0 effort into maximizing battery, just disabling all the stupid stuff so I don't see it

tc1

Reaction score
Yeah this little phone is pretty impressive so far. It's not Maxx battery life, but considering the battery size, pretty impressive.

Signal strength is also impressive. The GS3 I was testing to compare the two over the last day or so couldn't hold a candle to this, that includes my home wifi.

One other nice feature that I'm glad Motorola held onto is the ability to mount the sd card as USB storage.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah the moto radios are leaps and bounds better than any other phone.
So much so that I will be paying full retail for the DROID razr maxx hd.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

dan.dar

Reaction score
I wouldn't use signal strength to try to sell this phone. Screen and performance. Signal, at least LTE signal is very disappointing on this phone. I just came back from a local vzw store. Looked at dbm counters on razr, razr maxx, razr m, galaxy nexus, rezound and S3. The razr, razr max and rezound were all in 66-68 range even when picked up. The galaxy nexus and galaxy s3 were both in mid 70s, high 70s when picked up. The razr M was in between 78-81 and mid 80s to low 90s when picked up.