1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just ordered new battery

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by dolfanpete, Nov 23, 2010.

1. dolfanpete

dolfanpete New Member

Has anyone had good results upgrading to the BP7X DROID 2 battery for their regular Droid? I'm hoping that I get better battery life with it..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. magnus

magnus New Member

EcoZi - Battery Saving Search - will work in theory only if you have a Phone with an AMOLED display. In that case it take less battery juice to display blacks than other colours.

LCD technology is different where it takes the same amount of power to display any colour. If you want to conserve battery, turn your brightness as low as possible. All DROID phones by Moto use LCD screens to date.

Besides....if you did have an AMOLED screen, which you don't..... how often do you stay at the search page anyways?......long enough to type a query in. The results are all in white anyways........ EcoZi - Battery Saving Search - is just a gimmick IMHO
  3. mike93364

mike93364 New Member

Just looking at the battery specs I would imagine that an 1800mAh battery (BP7X) would tend to last longer than a 1390 mAh (BP6X) battery by a little more than 25%. Of course it is a larger battery that requires an extended size battery door, which I have not seen for the Droid.
  4. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

Through Verizon you get the door with the battery. For a stock Droid the color isn't a match but I use a case so never notice. You only get a 20% or so boost it run time, it's significant but wont double your battery time.
  5. ShaneA

ShaneA New Member

ecozi is just a knockoff of bgoog.com from what i can tell and bgoog does have black results as well on my phone. i think LED backlit LCDs do save power, but there are definitely LCD technologies that don't...
  6. elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666 New Member

well it kind of depends on how you use your device example, i have the DX and had stock battery which i would kill in less than maybe 3 hours or less, so i got the extended battery. you will notice a little bit of improvement but not much. once again it also depends how you use your device.
Search tags for this page
bp6x battery life
bp6x is it better than bp7x
bp6x upgrade
bp6x upgraded
bp6x vs bp7x
bp6x vs. bp7x battery life
bp7x battery
bp7x battery vs bp 6x
bp7x specs
can bp7x replace bp6x

motorola bp6x vs bp7x