1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just Ordered My Second Replacement Droid (sigh...)

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Mayhew, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Mayhew

Mayhew New Member

I purchased the Motorola Droid on January 2. It was rock solid for almost four weeks. Then my contacts would start randomly disappearing. At first, it was only once a day. Then, one Sunday, all contacts disappeared three times in less than a couple of hours. Called Verizon and they promptly shipped a new unit to me. The rep was great and specified that the new device would ship from a different warehouse beacuse it was a known hardware defect. All was well until today. My Droid would no longer vibrate upon receipt of a text, e-mail or instant message. It would vibrate on a phone call, but not any kind of message. Called Verizon this afternoon, and he had me walk through all possible options. After a factory reset, the device still refused to vibrate for a message. They are shipping my third Droid on Monday. I love this little multimedia powerhouse, but it HAS to function as a business device (smartphone). Anyone else having issues?