Just ordered my droid, What should I expect?

Adecker

Reaction score
Well I just ordered my Incredible, Review your Incred. in a few sentences so I know whats coming my way. Thanks! dancedroid

HTCFan513

Reaction score
Simply amazing. Does everything I need it to do, and more. Camera is flawless, Internet is fast. I read about how people have problems alot, but I personally have had few. The battery life is a HUGE drawback. Ive had to charge it 3 times within a 24 hour period. Also, it heats up pretty quick, so watch out for that.

joeymoose

Reaction score
Battery= Horrible (Even with the extended battery)
Camera=Buggy, Freezes alot on mine
Trackpad is useless(to me)
Returning it tomorrow for the X...

OP
A

Adecker

Reaction score
Well, Im not going to use it that hardcore so yea. I should be fine on the battery. Thanks guys =) It should be here by...monday or tuesday.

yoda78

Reaction score
Well, I've only had mine for a couple of days so there are probably flaws I have yet to find. So far, however, it's magnificent. I just migrated from a TouchPro 2 with a custom rom. Some notes:

Battery life. Fine by me. Same or better than TP2. Just keep Wifi and BT off when you don't need him. Charged the phone while on, then turned it off while still plugged in and let it finish charging (read this somewhere; the charge LED turns green, but if you turn it off it goes amber again and charges for another 20 minutes.) Listened to about four hours of music, used wifi a few times, made a few calls, played with apps and it was at 30% after 30 hours.

Screen: lovely and delicious. Clear, rich colors, dense pitch and very receptive. Yes, when on auto-brightness it's dim in daylight. But then I put the power control widget on my home screen which has a button that cycles between full, low and auto adjust. At full the display is perfectly fine on a sunny summer day in San Francisco (yes. we have one or two of those). I'm still getting used to capacitive vs. resistive (can't use my fingernail but who cares? Nice solid feel to it, no real accuracy issues except portrait keyboard. I'm still used to the incredible physical keyboard on the TP2 so I'm withholding judgment.

Speed. Excellent. Nothing more to say. Again, early to tell but Android does a really good job of memory management. An app's state is recorded when the user leaves it for another app; then the system aggressively usurps resources when it needs them without waiting for permission. I see no appreciable lag in returning to fully closed apps like the web browser. I wish my desktop were that good.

I love the form factor. It's a slim phone, and light but not toylike. I don't like HTC's back covers; they feel flimsy and cheap.

Call quality is really great with the earpiece; I haven't tried speaker yet but I don't expect it to beat the TP2.

Maybe my expectations are low but I think it's an awesome device that will get even better with the new FroYo update.

EdisonCheug

Reaction score
Battery= Horrible (Even with the extended battery)
Camera=Buggy, Freezes alot on mine
Trackpad is useless(to me)
Returning it tomorrow for the X...

how sad it is. yet to some extent, i...i...agree with you..:icon_eek:

OP
A

Adecker

Reaction score
Well, I've only had mine for a couple of days so there are probably flaws I have yet to find. So far, however, it's magnificent. I just migrated from a TouchPro 2 with a custom rom. Some notes:

Battery life. Fine by me. Same or better than TP2. Just keep Wifi and BT off when you don't need him. Charged the phone while on, then turned it off while still plugged in and let it finish charging (read this somewhere; the charge LED turns green, but if you turn it off it goes amber again and charges for another 20 minutes.) Listened to about four hours of music, used wifi a few times, made a few calls, played with apps and it was at 30% after 30 hours.

Screen: lovely and delicious. Clear, rich colors, dense pitch and very receptive. Yes, when on auto-brightness it's dim in daylight. But then I put the power control widget on my home screen which has a button that cycles between full, low and auto adjust. At full the display is perfectly fine on a sunny summer day in San Francisco (yes. we have one or two of those). I'm still getting used to capacitive vs. resistive (can't use my fingernail but who cares? Nice solid feel to it, no real accuracy issues except portrait keyboard. I'm still used to the incredible physical keyboard on the TP2 so I'm withholding judgment.

Speed. Excellent. Nothing more to say. Again, early to tell but Android does a really good job of memory management. An app's state is recorded when the user leaves it for another app; then the system aggressively usurps resources when it needs them without waiting for permission. I see no appreciable lag in returning to fully closed apps like the web browser. I wish my desktop were that good.

I love the form factor. It's a slim phone, and light but not toylike. I don't like HTC's back covers; they feel flimsy and cheap.

Call quality is really great with the earpiece; I haven't tried speaker yet but I don't expect it to beat the TP2.

Maybe my expectations are low but I think it's an awesome device that will get even better with the new FroYo update.

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for! They told me it would be shipped in a little over a week (10 days) and arrive after 2-3 days of being shipped but yesterday I got the e-mail saying its shipping! Im super excited!dancedroiddancedroid

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I just ordered my Incredible, Review your Incred. in a few sentences so I know whats coming my way. Thanks! dancedroid

What's coming your way?
If you're a tinkerer and have a significant other...better warn her:)

shadow man

Reaction score
expect to lose a lot of time that you'd be normally doing other things to scouring the app store, configuring your home pages, then learning you customize even deeper, spending more time on that, and so forth.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
"A box, with the phone in it! Oh boy, I want to be you!"

Patrick.jpg

atthehop

Reaction score
expect to lose a lot of time that you'd be normally doing other things to scouring the app store, configuring your home pages, then learning you customize even deeper, spending more time on that, and so forth.

And a lot of lost work time unless you train yourself to ignore it and concentrate on the job to get paid to pay the phone bill.

quest7

Reaction score

And a lot of lost work time unless you train yourself to ignore it and concentrate on the job to get paid to pay the phone bill.

Also, loss of sleep. And your relationship is about to be tested.:)