Just Ordered mine for $189 VZW Website + Awesome Promo

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Does the buy one get one free count for off contract? Because i might pay the 470 for it as a replacement device.

OP
A

AVNFAM

Reaction score
After seeing this thread I called up VZW customer service and explained to the rep that I placed an order for 2 D3's on the 7th (launch day) and at the time the BOGO promo wasn't advertised he looked over the promo and said well you bought 2 and did sign 2 new agreements so it makes you eligible for the promo so what ill do is give you a credit for the second line which was a credit of $199 and since I had the phones billed to the account that's where the credit went eating almost all of my current due bill all I did was roll over like $20 but I won't complain about that..

I am the account owner with 5 lines on a family plan, I had a NE2 upgrade available which gave me a $50 credit towards a phone so I got my Droid 3 for $149.99 but I really got 2 D3's for that price. My wife had an LG Ally so she already had the unlimited data so we both got grandfathered in and did not get effected by the new data plans.

The unfortunate thing is that we are both having random reboots with the new phones. I have not tried to figure out why but it shouldn't be happening. I'm really thinking about getting both of these phones swapped out for new ones while under the 14 day exchange period and trying the activation where we don't sync our existing apps and settings. Maybe that will help..

Anyway I just wanted to give you a BIG thank you for posting this, I probably would have missed out of getting a $200 refund because I don't visit the phone part of VZW site often unless I'm eyeing up a new phone.

-Drew

Oh wow, that's pretty cool. Glad my post was able to help others. dancedroiddancedroid We are still in the works for our issue. It's more on the difficult side for us since my husband bought his phone through an authorized dealer here in town. Had we gone online to purchase, it would of been an easy fix. But now, my husband has to return the phone to the store, pay a re-stocking fee, credit his bank account AND THEN be able to order the phone through verizon's website and he can get his free phone. Next update, I'm gonna do it through the website or find a corporate store to make things easier. You live in learn. But it makes me smile to know I was able to help others. :)

OP
A

AVNFAM

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on this deal. My wife and I are on a family plan, and I was due for my new-every-2.

We ended up getting both phones for $169 dancedroid + like $70 in taxes :icon_evil:. They'll be here tomorrow, can't wait!

Wow $169 for two Droid 3's. That's awesome! dancedroid

Droid1610

Reaction score
After I called vzm customer service I ended up getting both of my Droid 3's for $149.99 all I had to pay was the fee for upgraded overnight shipping. Not sure why I've read that people are paying $70 in taxes and fees. I didn't get stuck paying but my regular 6% tax which was less then $10

OP
A

AVNFAM

Reaction score
Ok, good news/bad news. Good news, we are able to return the phone back to the crook store, but have to pay a $70 re-stocking fee. VZW rep told me that they only charge $35. In order to get the wheels in motion, we were able to use his dad's upgrade to get the free phone sooner. We have 11 days to return the phone back to store. Deactivate it, get his money credit to his bank account, then reactive the free Droid. We should get HIS new phone by 3pm tomorrow. The only thing I am not happy about is having to pay $70.

I'd have to say that the Rep "Kelly" was awesome in assisting us with this issue. He went above and beyond to help us. NEVER again will we go to VZW authorized dealer. Their inflated prices are INSANE. Next upgrade we will go through the website or over the phone with Customer Service or through their corporate store if available. Ugh, what a mess!

OP
A

AVNFAM

Reaction score
After I called vzm customer service I ended up getting both of my Droid 3's for $149.99 all I had to pay was the fee for upgraded overnight shipping. Not sure why I've read that people are paying $70 in taxes and fees. I didn't get stuck paying but my regular 6% tax which was less then $10

Yeah, my rep Kelly said we wouldn't be charged taxes. Just the overnight shipping. I did the overnight shipping for my husband so he can get this resolved quickly. He's in the military and due to special training he's in the night shift, so the sooner we can get this resolved the better. I did the regular 2 day free shipping as their isn't THAT much urgency on my part. I'm shocked to see how many people are paying $150 for the Droid 3. Is it because you guys waiting till the full 2 years to upgrade vs doing it earlier? $189 is still better than paying $199 which is even WAY better than paying what my impatient husband ended up paying $250 at the authorized dealer store.

thebarbrr

Reaction score
They do honor promotions!!!

Hello OP...Verizon does honor their promotions i bought my Droid3 last tuesday, and i went in store and got a free one for my brother...i made sure and i called CSR over the phone and she said that i have 30 days to take advantage of promotions that are intorduced after date of original purchase...So i paid for my droid and a week later got a free one for my brother on our family plan...go get a price adjustment now!!! It is their policy..not a loop hole.

thebarbrr

Reaction score
Ok, good news/bad news. Good news, we are able to return the phone back to the crook store, but have to pay a $70 re-stocking fee. VZW rep told me that they only charge $35. In order to get the wheels in motion, we were able to use his dad's upgrade to get the free phone sooner. We have 11 days to return the phone back to store. Deactivate it, get his money credit to his bank account, then reactive the free Droid. We should get HIS new phone by 3pm tomorrow. The only thing I am not happy about is having to pay $70.

I'd have to say that the Rep "Kelly" was awesome in assisting us with this issue. He went above and beyond to help us. NEVER again will we go to VZW authorized dealer. Their inflated prices are INSANE. Next upgrade we will go through the website or over the phone with Customer Service or through their corporate store if available. Ugh, what a mess!

You guys should try to call again and get another CSR...i did not have to pay any restocking fees....and i did it in store..Montebello, CA...if anyone lives in the area go there..they did it for me there....i just had to pay the tax for the free droid which was like 43 bucks

Reaction score
The problem with the restocking fee is that it's not a corporate store but the authorized reseller. My fiancee's sister went through a similar problem when she purchased a Blackberry through one of those stores. Verizon gave her a lot of trouble, she went to the reseller, they didn't know what they were doing and it was a big mess.

I've learned now to always deal with the corporate store or the website but of course if the reseller is closer to your location, then what can you do!?

OP
A

AVNFAM

Reaction score
The problem with the restocking fee is that it's not a corporate store but the authorized reseller. My fiancee's sister went through a similar problem when she purchased a Blackberry through one of those stores. Verizon gave her a lot of trouble, she went to the reseller, they didn't know what they were doing and it was a big mess.

I've learned now to always deal with the corporate store or the website but of course if the reseller is closer to your location, then what can you do!?

You just saved me from typing a long response. I was gonna say the same thing. Authorized dealers differ from corporate store.

OP
A

AVNFAM

Reaction score
UPDATE: Husband got his free Droid 3 yesterday. Arrived via Fedex. He was able to return the 1st phone to the Authorized Dealer, charged him $70 re-stocking fee and his debit card was credited for $197. Sucks that they charge $70 re-stocking fee but I guess getting $197 back isn't too bad.

By the way, I get my Droid 3 today. Can't wait for the FEDEX guy to arrive!

OP
A

AVNFAM

Reaction score
I got my Droid 3 today woohoo, its all set up, just changing the extended battery I got for it. Now next decision. Which case/holster to go with. Hmmm?