Just Ordered mine for $189 VZW Website + Awesome Promo

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by AVNFAM, Jul 17, 2011.

1. AVNFAM

AVNFAM Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered mine tonight through VZW Website. Listed price $189. So I decided to go for it. Also ordered an extended battery. When I added the phone to the cart, a message popped up saying that they are running a promotion, buy one get one free. :eek:hmy: My husband just bought one a couple days ago, as I said in my Intro to the forum. Would of been nice if they had that promo 2 days ago. Would of saved us some money! I almost told my husband of this discovery but decided not to cause he would of been a little upset to hear that. Currently he's really happy with his new phone don't wanna cause anything to come off his high. dancedroid:heart:dancedroid

2. endobrian

endobrian Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dancedroid

3. endobrian

endobrian Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could sell the extra one on ebay. $$$, and that would pay for hubby's D3. :) win-win

4. Beka27

Beka27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Verizon will honor promotions/sales for 30 days following purchase. Go get the money back.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

5. AVNFAM

AVNFAM Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well the problem with that is, that you can only get the free phone if someone else in your family plan is eligible for an upgrade. There are 4 people in our plan and only my husband and my mom were eligible to upgrade, but I used my mom's upgrade so that I can upgrade my phone sooner than April 2012.

6. AVNFAM

AVNFAM Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think the VZW Store will honor any promotions that VZW website offers. At our local store, they had their D3 priced at $250. I immediately questioned that and mentioned the fact that on the website it was only priced for $199. They told us that the reason why they were charging $250 vs $199 was because at the store they set up the phone for you as well as transfer your contact info etc from your old phone to your new phone. Sounded fishy to me but my husband wanted to get the D3 since it came out and Best Buy's local store isn't stocking it. Would be nice though if we were able to go back to the store and get some money back though.

7. RPG7

RPG7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    O I got $179 off web until you know I'm 18 and despite have proven credit had to pay the whole phone on deposit...Gotta love the Credit Driven Society

8. Beka27

Beka27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Don't go in the store, call Verizon and explain that your husband just got his phone the other day and then you saw this promo. If the CSR won't help, ask to speak with a supervisor. They'll be able to see all of the account activity and should fix it for you.

9. AVNFAM

AVNFAM Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm... thanks for the suggestion. It's certainly worth a try. I'll give them a call today. Wish me luck!

10. AVNFAM

AVNFAM Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's gotta suck!

11. rushmore

rushmore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing is for free, since if you do not have another discount on your account, you must get another line and pay $30 a month for a 2gb data plan- for two years. That equals $720 for a "free" phone, if a new line.

12. AVNFAM

AVNFAM Member

Ratings:
    +0
    True, but that's not our case. We are on a family plan. 4 lines on our account. Two of them are eligible for upgrade, my husband's and my mom's. Since my upgrade isn't till April 2010, I'm going to use my mom's upgrade, to upgrade sooner and be able to get the Droid 3 for myself. My husband got his Droid 3, 3 days ago. I had to wait to get in contact with my mom to see if it was ok with her if I used her upgrade. So, no need of a new line or $30 for 2GB plan for me. My current phone is a Droid 2 and have unlimited data plan for $30. So, I am grandfathered in.