Just ordered a Otterbox Commuter [video]

shanimal92

Reaction score
[video=youtube;fZPVwWCaKhs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZPVwWCaKhs[/video]

sorry for no pictures. my head hurts so maybe tomorrow if i have time ill post some.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Thanks for taking the time and doing the video! This should help those who've been on the fence getting this case with the ext battery.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Which screen protector do you have?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Oh, I almost got one of those too. lol

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
Oh, I almost got one of those too. lol

bullet dodged, jk. i guess compared to the SGP protectors, which i hear are good, the price and quality difference are on par. i would definitely spring the extra 5-$10 and get one that looks better. fingerprints are very visible also.

The Tick

Reaction score
Thanks for the vid man. I LOVED my otterbox for my droid X. been waiting for my local verizon store to get them in for the nexus. (i get 25% off accessories from verizon through work or else i would just order one online.) a few things i would like to add that MIGHT or might not help. 1. when you put the case on, ive found its easier to pull the case over the buttons instead of trying to push the buttons under the case. 2. im the same way as you when it comes to things having to be perfect! that lil gap with the extended battery would drive me nuts! ive seen and read in a few places that the original battery cover WILL still fit on the phone with the extended battery. something you might want to try if you cant deal with the "gap". 3. (last point) as far as screen protectors go, i used a ghost Armor protector on my DX. Relatively inexpensive (around $14 i think. dont quote me on that though.) it worked great, no glare from it, was tough as nails, AND they really do stand by their warranty claims. side note, the chick that answers their phones has a FANTASTIC voice. Anyways, thanks for showing all of us what the case looks like on the phone. Happy Christmas and Merry New Years!

gunit34328

Reaction score
thanks for the video review. looks great minus the gaps at the end (i'm glad that there are others that share my obsession with wanting their phone to look perfect. lol) it could just be me but i had trouble noticing how much bulk it added. it seemed like it was definitely bulkier but i could have been imagining it.

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
thanks for the video review. looks great minus the gaps at the end (i'm glad that there are others that share my obsession with wanting their phone to look perfect. lol) it could just be me but i had trouble noticing how much bulk it added. it seemed like it was definitely bulkier but i could have been imagining it.

I'm updating the OP with some pics in a bit. After a day with the case on I got really use to the extra bulk (which really isn't that much.) When I took the case off it was sooo weird holding the phone because of how thin it is. Anyway, the extra bulk isn't bad at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
Well, it won't let me edit my original post on my phone for some reason.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325367785662.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325367785662.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 310
  • uploadfromtaptalk1325367794562.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325367794562.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 548
  • uploadfromtaptalk1325367805488.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325367805488.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 429
  • uploadfromtaptalk1325367818212.jpg