Just opened my X -- quick question

sliqx

Reaction score
Did everyone pull the sticker that was on the back of the phone around the battery area? There was a tab that said "pull" but when I pulled it to the direction opposite of the arrow, it started ripping the black plastic. I just left the "pull" on and put the battery over it.

ewells2420

Reaction score
lulz you have no idea how close I came to doing that lol. Then I noticed it was part of the black backing. Its meant to pop the battery out.

OP
S

sliqx

Reaction score
Wow, I feel like an idiot. And to think I almost pulled that tab out, too. Thanks!

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I almost did it too. Sheesh. It wasn't until I figured on putting the battery in first that I realized it was actually to meant for pulling the battery out...because of how flat it lies in the tray.

ewells2420

Reaction score
I almost did it too. Sheesh. It wasn't until I figured on putting the battery in first that I realized it was actually to meant for pulling the battery out...because of how flat it lies in the tray.

Yeah its flat and fits pretty tightly which is nice.

sfa404

Reaction score
Do not pull the "pull tab"

Do not pull the "pull tab" in the inside of the phone. That is to help pull the battery out. It is also connected to a white sticker on the back of the phone which is part of your antenna. I figured this out cause i pulled the tab myself. I then was having internet problems, so i went to verizon store, and they wanted to try to take my battery out, well its impossible to pull the battery out without the pull tab. Then found out that the pull tab was connected to the sticker which i tore off a piece, and found out that i tore part of the antenna off. So now i have to wait for verizon to send me a new phone.

DROID X

sfa404

Reaction score
the customer representative who told you to pull the sticker off has no idea what shes talking about. DO NOT PULL THE "PULL TAB"
it is to help pull the battery out and also is connected to a white sticker which is part of your antenna!

el.diablos.Droid_X

Reaction score
Do not pull the "pull tab" in the inside of the phone. That is to help pull the battery out. It is also connected to a white sticker on the back of the phone which is part of your antenna. I figured this out cause i pulled the tab myself. I then was having internet problems, so i went to verizon store, and they wanted to try to take my battery out, well its impossible to pull the battery out without the pull tab. Then found out that the pull tab was connected to the sticker which i tore off a piece, and found out that i tore part of the antenna off. So now i have to wait for verizon to send me a new phone.

DROID X
So does this mean i need to get two new phone?

Eolly

Reaction score
I did the same as some others. VZW tech support said as long as you put it back its all good. The girl i talked to said they had VZW store people calling about it. Just to be safe goto a store and ask.

Dont trip my efuse. Sent from DROIDX ta da.