Just needed to RANT about Verizon.

septaric

Reaction score
Well to start with my Razr HD decided it wouldn't boot, after working with it for some time I gave up and went to the Verizon store to see about getting a replacement using my insurance. This was Friday morning. They told be the "free next day delivery" really wouldn't show up until Tuesday because of the Holiday on Monday. They said for $15. I could get next day delivery by 10:30 a.m. on Sat. So I ponied up the money for the faster delivery. I had to be somewhere on Sat. So I figured I'd wait for the phone then leave. Well at 11:00 a.m. I called Verizon and they gave me a tracking number. I then called Fed Ex and found the phone was in Dallas Tx. I'm in NC. They said the Sat. delivery was $20 not $15. and that's why I didn't have it. I went to the Store again and they gave a cheap ass LG loner until my phone came in on Tuesday and they would credit me my $15. back. Well here it is Tuesday and the wife call me at work and tells me my phone it here. I told her to charge it up for me. So I'm all excited and ready to get started on my new phone except that they sent me the wrong phone. So I called the store and the guy says they didn't have my model phone so they sent me a better one. I quickly told him how wrong he was. I told him the XT912 Razr was NOT a better phone than the XT926 Razr HD. He tried to tell me it was to which I told him "no way in hell". He then told me to come to the store and they would work it out. When I get to the store the guy who talked to me totally agreed with me and said he had no idea who talked to me on the phone and why they would say that. I also had to remind them of the $15. credit which I hadn't received in my account yet either. They told me the correct phone will be here tomorrow which I let slide because it was 5:00 p.m. at the time. I don't expect to see it for two more days (hopefully). Verizon has a full cast of idiots working for them.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Unfortunately, the larger companies get the harder it becomes for them to meet customer expectations. This is usually due to the lack of employees being trained properly.

I don't get the response that Fedex gave you either. If Verizon setup Saturday delivery, how would Fedex know what they charged you and why would they care.

Your request for a replacement was certainly reasonable and just should have been handled properly. JMO

OP
S

septaric

Reaction score
It may have been Verizon that told me the price of $15 for delivery which is for Mon.-Fri. and $20 for Sat. I talked to so many people I can't remember for sure. The sad part is the salesman showed me on his tablet in red it said Delivery before 10:30 a.m. in red with a bullet beside it.

Unfortunately, the larger companies get the harder it becomes for them to meet customer expectations. This is usually due to the lack of employees being trained properly.

I don't get the response that Fedex gave you either. If Verizon setup Saturday delivery, how would Fedex know what they charged you and why would they care.

Your request for a replacement was certainly reasonable and just should have been handled properly. JMO

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
It may have been Verizon that told me the price of $15 for delivery which is for Mon.-Fri. and $20 for Sat. I talked to so many people I can't remember for sure.

My point was.. If VZW checked the Sat del Box it would have been there on Sat. Did you notice if the label said Sat Del? VZW has a contract with Fedex and I am sure they don't pay the $20. retail price. $15. may be their negotiated price.